Bowling Ball

The next morning Sophie woke up to a sleeping Keefe.  She guessed it was around sunrise.  Keefe looked so... peaceful, not at all like the stressed Keefe she had seen the day before.  She decided to go back to bed, as soon as her head hit the pillow she fell into yet another dreamless sleep. Though that was better than nightmares right?

Keefe's dream

Sophie's body fell to the floor cold and lifeless.  Keefe ran to her, "Maybe I could save her Keefe thought."  He checked her pulse, no pulse.  He checked her heartbeat, no heartbeat.  She was dead, and he could not save her.

He looked for the rest of his friends, but...they looked almost exactly like Sophie, pale, and lifeless.  He could've saved them if he'd just...left.

End of Keefe's dream

Keefe woke up in a cold sweat and to see Sophie  standing over him holding his hand.  He blushed at that.  Sophie sat down on his cot and said "You wouldn't wake up, I was so scared.  You had been thrashing for 15 minutes before you woke up,"  she said with tears in her eyes. 

 "Don't worry Foster, I am fine,"  Keefe said calmly before trying to get up, but Sophie pushed him right back down.  "Don not worry about me, and shouldn't you bed in bed?" Keefe said.  Without saying a word Sophie stood up about to walk back to her cot when she fell, it looked like she had twisted her ankle.  Keefe stood up, stumbling a little and going to help Sophie.

Once Keefe got Sophie back to her cot they started talking, and eventually got to the topic of relationships.  They (by they I mean Keefe) decided to let the other person ask them questions about their love life. "This should be fun" Sophie said mentally.  

Since Sophie got to go first she asked "Do you have a crush?".  "Yes," Keefe said nervously.  For some reason that one simple word felt like a bowling ball to her heart.