Chapter 30

In the morning , Ning Xia Gua woke up and saw that it was still dark. He checked the child. Seeing his white hair he grew distressed. It was his fault the child became like this. Was the child truly not meant to live.

He stood up with his depressed thoughts dressed up and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. He set aside Ning Jinfeng's porridge with goat's milk and his medicine. Making tea for his wife and grandma he boiled two eggs  and made course grain gruel to eat in the morning with some sugar to sweeten it.

He saw that they had emptied out their pantry at the party the previous day. The gifts his father and grandma brought were generous but  he does not like them nor want to use them. They can just put them in a box for xiao Feng to use when he is older.

He delivered his grandmother's tea. Cause he knew she would be awake.

"Thank you". She said sitting uprightly on the kang.

She looked at him as he opened her windows and cleared away the quilts to be air blown.

"Are you going hunting".She aksed.

"Yes". He said seriously. She nodded at him slowly.

"I am assuming this is because you refuse to use your father's money. You should not look at it from your perspective alone. Look at your wife and child. Look at your brother's wife and child. They are using your father's money. Money which you also have a share in. Look ,your grandmother aged like this because she loves you and your mother the most. She has locked herself in her courtyard all these years and only came out yo gloat to your stepmother that they found you. You shouldn't hold her accountable. " she said.

"But she had the power to keep my mother in her courtyard until I was born. Maybe she would have lived today. " he sneered.

Her eyes widened. She was shocked. But slowly nodded.

He nodded at her and said ",I left food for her on the stove. I will take my leave". He said and left.

She sighed drinking her tea while waiting for her gruel to cool. 'I am too old child. ' she sighed in her heart.

Her daughter floated near her and touched her cheek. She felt cold and was surprised at the cold on her cheeks. She looked around and then seeing the window blowing the autumn wind into the room she stood and closed it.

Along the way Ning Xia Gua walked to the mountain. This time he has to catch the big one. Reaching the benchmark the village chief set for everyone he passed without pressure. He hurried to the middle of it with the thickest trees and dense leaves he sat still and opened his hearing scope. He heard all sorts of sounds and crickets and humming birds and the rushing waters down the river.

After a while he heard nothing. That only means a predator is near. He crouched down and then he heard the breaking of a small branch. Then rushing came from his behind. Turning around he was face to face with a tiger.

An adult male tiger. He calmed himself first. He was watching oy closely as his hand tool out the hunting knife carefully.

Then it striked. Claws aiming for his neck he dodged but stabbed it on the back of its foot. It became angry and aimed its teeth for the neck. He turned his head. The tiger caught his hair. It pushed him and he fell on his back with one foot ontop of his ribcage the other balancing it ,he aimed for Ning Xia Gua's face.

Ning Xia Gua took a dangerous stance ,he hugged the tiger and stabbed it right in the neck. Cutting it's jugular vein. Blood pouring down his neck and face. The tiger fell on him.

He breathed out harshly. His heart beating like a drum. He stood up. And fell aching pain on all sorts of body parts. He tied the vines on the tiger. And pulled the tiger out. It was around two hundred kg which is around four hundred Jin(I think;}).