The dark mark.

There. As clear as day, splashed across his forearm.

I didn't know what to do. Everything felt too real. Too personal. He was my best friend and now I felt disgusted. Sickened. Yet sorry, completely and utterly sorry for him.

"Emerald." He exclaimed, looking at me worriedly. His brows where furrowed as he stared at me; my jaw open and my breathing irrational.

"Emerald what's wrong."

My fallen face held no clue as to what was going on in my head. A flurry of worry and questions and fear and sadness and stress and-

"Emerald." But this time it wasn't Fabians voice, it was Elios. Elios panicked, shaky voice.

He stood at the common room door panting, it was clear the mousy haired boy had just ran here, his hands were on his knees as he coughed out the next words.

"You...you guys better...come quick." He heaved between heavy breaths.

One quick glance at Fabian and the two of us were out the door immediately, I didn't even grab my robe, we just ran.

Elio led us out into the courtyard where multiple students were standing, crowded together gawking at the horrifying sight before them.

After frantically pushing past the crowd of gaping students, my view finally clear, my heart dropped.

My eyes met with his stormy, rage-filled, grey hues, holding his gaze for a moment, before everything around us stopped for a second. And as the blonde boy caught the look on my face and saw my head shaking with disappointment, his features fell, regret quickly growing evident in his blue eyes, but then Nott drew his first back, throwing another punch to Draco's already bloody, battered face, breaking our eye contact and sending him tumbling to the ground.

It couldn't believe what I was seeing. Malfoy in a vicious fight with his oldest friend.

Frantically, I looked around, scanning the crowed for Blaise, or Daphne, Astra even. But they were nowhere to be found amongst the array of students from all different houses. I noticed many Slytherins cheering the boys on, Ravenclaw girls blushing as they whispered to one another, and even two Gryffindor twins exchanging galleons as if they were betting on this horrific event. But no Blaise or Daphne anywhere.

I watched, a horrible twisting in my already mangled gut began as I stood before the two angry boys, completely dumbfounded and feeling completely helpless. Why wasn't anybody doing something to stop them.

Malfoy's vexed fist clipped Theo's jaw, and I had to look away in disgust as the brunette spat out a mouthful of unnecessary blood onto the ground.

"Do something." I nudged Fabian, who looked as though he was rather enjoying the disturbing performance infront of him.

I looked around once more, in hope of finding at least one of Malfoy's friends.

But I couldn't bare to watch him be hurt right infront of me. I had to do something. It was agony, watching Nott defend himself against the angry blonde and it was only now I noticed how Malfoy was throwing the majority of the punches.

"Stop it." I called while Malfoy pushed Notts head against the hard ground, basically on top of the brunette.

My statement ignored.

"Malfoy stop it." He didn't even look up at my exasperated words. He was too consumed in the bloodlust, lost in his clouded, vengeance-fuelled vision.

"MALFOY." My dry, sore voice broke as the angery word flowed out.

He stopped dead. His bloody fist held mid air, his icy blonde waves slightly sticking to his sweaty forehead as he turned to face me.