10

"Remember kids, your number one priority is to stop the villain." All Might gave us some last minute tips as we walked into the building.

The inside of the building was completely empty, no furniture to hide under, no weapons. This just  made everything a little more difficult.

"I'm not going easy on you." Bakugo said into my ear as All Might spoke.

"You better not." I replied, nodding at everything All Might was saying.

"The first villain is... Bakugo." He said.

"Hell Yeah." Bakugo growled, a devilish grin on his face.

"Midorya, Miya, follow me outside."

I gave Bakugo a mocking face before following All Might outside.

As soon as the timer started, Deku and I began plotting.

"Do you think we should split up?" I suggested, "I'll wait for him on the first floor and you go and attack him."

"That way, you can tire him out and we can take the diamond away."

Deku placed his finger on his chin, thinking.

"If we went up together, he would probably end up attacking me first. While he's doing that, you can get him." He mumbled.

"But you don't have a weapon." He sighed.

"I have these." I said, pulling out a throwing knife and showing it to him.

"Neat! Do you know how to use them?" He beamed, taking it from my hands and examining it.

"Uh... no but I can just improvise." I laughed, taking the knife and putting back in my pocket. How hard can throwing knives be? It's like throwing darts, just harder.

"Your plan sounds a lot more reliable. We should do that." I said, watching the timer. Our time is running out.

"Are you sure? If you aren't comfortable fighting him head on, I can-"

"No, we got this!" I punched his arm playfully, nodding my head. We both need to be on the same page for this plan to work.

"Alright, let's do it." He nodded his head, a determined smile on his face.

We high fived, running into the building as soon as the alarm sounded.

We ran up the stairs, stopping right before the door to where the diamond was.

Deku gave me a thumbs up of reassurance, I returned it.

He was on the left side of the door, and I was on the right.

I was about to reach for the door handle, but a loud, powerful, blast broke the door.

I should've expected this.

I flew back, landing on my bottom on the floor. I coughed, the black smoke overwhelming the air.

"I got him." Deku said, his arm glowing in the black air.

"Wait!" I shouted for him, but he dissapeared into the cloud of smoke.

I ran down the stairs, coughing into my arm. There was much less smoke on the second story, but the air was still cloudy.

On the second floor, Bakugo was blasting rapidly at Deku, but he was able to evade them.

"Shit." I cursed, watching the fight from afar.

Bakugo fought so aggressively, not even giving his opponent the chance to strike back.

I guess that's why he always wins.