8

I panted heavily, staring into his crimson eyes.

He smirked, laying his hand on his chest as he caught his breath. My eyes traveled down to his chest, rising and falling rapidly.

This isn't how I thought we'd end our run.

When I finally got the energy to sit up, I did, leaning back on my hands for support.

He stayed still on the ground, looking up at the sky.

"You okay?" I held out my hand for him to grab onto and sit up but he ignored it, choosing to sit up on his own.

"You idiot." He grumbled, standing up after glaring at me.

"I said I was sorry, I couldn't stop." I stood up after him, dusting the dirt off my knees.

"Well aim somewhere else next time." He shook his head, looking down at me.

"I'll aim for your face next time." I laughed, taking my hair out of it's tight ponytail.

"I'll kill you next time." He replied, staring at me with an unamused face.

"What the heck guys?" Kirishima appeared beside us, running his hand through his hair. He looked us both up and down before a smile appeared on his face.

"What happened?" He asked, laughing. I don't know if it was because of Bakugo and I's red, sweaty faces, our dusty clothes, or the fact the we were both at each other's throat before he appeared.

"Nothing." I said, a mischievous smile on my face. I looked up at bakugo then back at Kirishima, and the look on his face told me he didn't believe me.

"Okay, who won the race?" He crossed his arms over his chest, tilting his head.

"Me."

"Bakugo." I sighed, looking away because I knew Bakugo was feeling cocky about it.

"Hm, I really thought it'd be you, Miya." Kirishima shrugged, laughing and walking into the building.

I sarcastically laughed, looking at Bakugo's smug victory face.

We walked inside, where Kirishima flopped down on the couch.
"You guys are crazy competitive." He said, throwing his head back.

I looked over at Bakugo, who was in the kitchen washing his hands. I sat down next to Kirishima, resting my eyes for a while. I'm still so exhausted, and my entire abdomen is sore now.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have ran off. My fault." I told Kirishima.

"No, as long as you had fun and finished the miles, doesn't matter." He winked, blowing at a piece of hair between his eyes.

I nodded, laughing and laying back. After minutes of laying back and listening to all the background noise, a savory smell overtook my senses.

I opened my eyes, sniffing the air and turning to the kitchen.

Bakugo was there, cooking food and chopping vegetables. He moved expertly, chopping quickly and moving the contents in the pan.

It smelled glorious.

Kirishima was on his phone beside me, not paying any attention to the scent, which I expected. He's been here longer than I, and he's used to it.

And even though I've been here for a while now, I've never woken up early enough to eat on the weekends, and he doesn't usually cook during the weekdays.

Mina told me he sometimes cooks for the class, whether it's breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks. I've just never had the chance to experience it myself.