9

"Hello?" I whipped around, questioning the roughness of the stranger that grabbed me.

Bakugo. I didn't think it'd be him. I probably should have guessed by the unhesitatingly way he just appeared and took me.

"It's just me, don't freak out." He rolled his eyes, his hand in his pocket.

"Well do you need something?" I shifted my weight to one leg, staring up at him.

"No." He countered, taking out a tangled up chain out of his pocket.

Upon further inspection, I noticed it was the same one I fell in love with at the small jewelry store.

I couldn't help the bright, adoring smile that took over my face at that moment. My eyes darted between him and the bracelet in his palm.

"Bakugo..." I began.

"I saw you staring at it, it's not a big deal." He looked at the ground, a scowl on his face.

"No, thank you so much." Words could absolutely not express the gratitude that washed over my body.

"Stop-"

"Shut up." I giggled, pulling him into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck, tiptoeing so my head would sit comfortably in the crook of his neck.

I embraced him silently for a while, before immediately pulling away after realizing what I was doing.

"Um, thank you so much, seriously. I'll pay you back once we get to UA, I promise I just didn't bring enough money! I swear you'll never have to do this ag-"

"A thanks was all I needed." He grouched, his cheeks a light shade of pink.

I felt my face flush, unwillingly.

"Thank you." I said, staring into his scarlet red eyes. I smiled fondly at him, clutching the metal in my hand.

"Consider it a birthday gift, whenever that is." He said.

"Did you buy two?" I questioned as I detangled the chains, noticing there were two matching ones.

"It came in a set. Old fart wouldn't let me buy just one." He quipped, crossing his arms over his chest.

That explains the price, maybe I should've looked closer.

I let my heart make a rash decision, trusting it would express my gratitude in a way my mind wouldn't allow me to.

"In that case," I took one of the chains, smiling tenderly at the heart charm dangling gracefully.

"You have one."

He extended his hand in surprise, watching me latch the bracelet around his wrist and clamp it.

He stayed silent, his eyes staring at his wrist. I couldn't tell what his expression told. Whatever it was, at least it was somewhat positive.

 Whatever it was, at least it was somewhat positive