Reign

"Im sorry Milori but your father is terribly sick and id say he only has until the end of the season to live."
And just like that my heart tore in peices...This moment was the beginning of the thing that made my life what it is.
-
Im Milori princess of Quandesa Kingdom, my father is the king and has been since my grandpa died. We are the only ones left of my family after my mom passed away a year ago. Life since then has felt like a subtle numbness and its been on repeat everyday, but i guess its good i still have a father. Hes always been disappointed he didnt have a son as an heir and has been pressuring me marry a prince from neighboring kingdoms but everytime one comes by to profess his passion he usually ends up impressing my father more than his bride to me so i go on dismissing them. It seems i can no longer do this though because father has fell ill and doesnt have that long so after careful consideration he set me up with the last heir in the looks for a binding between nations and i was supposed to meet him today but i wont say i was excited about it. From the talk around the quarter he was quiet handsome and held himself well, there were whispers about him being so good he's thought to be the devil himself. All this talk about the prince made me even more nervous to meet him.
-
"Milori Ma'am i have ran you a bath with the rose oil you like so much."
"Thank you so much Deseria"
-
Deseria had been my head maid since the day i was born shed read stories to me before bed when mother and father were busy doing royal things and quiet honestly she was like a mother to me more than a maid. I remember the time she caught me eating macaroons she'd prepared late at night scared me so much i almost dropped the whole plate; we laughed at my frightened expression for hours. She was a Beautiful lady with Round hips and a smile that could outshine even the brightest star, i could only hope to achieve such beauty.
-
After my bath deseria had laid out a beautiful emerald green dress that accented my hazel eyes and red hair. I was pretty i guess but i was not queen pretty. I am a bit short for my age i stand at a good 4'8 on a good day. I have a nice waist i guess but i never really felt pretty but my beauty was something that most of the princes mentioned upon seeing me for the first time So that's something i guess.
The dress fit me beautifully and Deseria pulled my hair up into a lovely slicked bun with my crazy curls on the sides and for once in my life i felt like a million bucks. I swayed my hips in the mirror and practiced how i would talk to the prince today
-
"Hello good sir im Milori Princess of Quandesa Kingdom"
"Hello Mi Lady Im Princess Kinosu From Presunti Kingdom"
My heart dropped at the sound of an unfamiliar voice in my room i turned around slowly and ro my surprise there was tall girl standing in my door way, She had the bluest eyes and her curls were amazing, She smelled of flowers and raw nature if that makes sense it was everything but upon inspection she wasnt like me she didn't have on a lovely dress instead she wore A suit that complimented her calves and just assumed this is her style where shes from
-
"Im sorry to barge in univited i just heard a voice and followed it as the rest of the castle was silent"
"I- Oh yes its often quiet around the kingdom on days im supposed to meet with people the maids usually clear out make sure i have peace with the person im meeting"
"Ah yes im still sorry if i interrupted something i have just arrived in the country ans i was told your kingdom has the best pastries. Would you mind taking me to try some?
"I would love to Princess?"
"Kinosu"
"What a beautiful name, im sorry Kinosu but im supposed to be meeting with a suitor today and-"
" I insist after all it is rude to have guest and not show them a good time"
My father would have my head id i was rude to a guest so i suppose i could show her around the country side and our cuisine.
"Fine but i cant be out for long i have a meeting today ill try my best with the time i do have"
" Amazing ill wait for you in the foyer"
-
i had deseria call the horsemen to come pick us uo and take us on a an afternoon ride. We saw horses pig and other animals. We ate little dishes at multiple restaurants and is grown quite full so eventually i suggested that we take a stroll to the theater to enjoy one of the esteemed movies that was playing we laughed and cried our way through three movies and i will say this was the most fun id had in months she truly was something.
We had stopped for ice cream when it hit me
-
"Oh heavens i lost track of time the prince has probably been waiting for me this entire time at the kingdom and ive been with you all day i must go now"
" Malori wait"
" No no i must go father needs me to do this for the kingdom"
" If you would let me spea-"
"Im sorry i have to go"
I start to get into the carriage when she grabs my arm
"Hello Milady im prince Kinosu from Presunti Kingdom pleased to meet you"
I laughed she really was funny so funny that she seemed serious.
"Why are you laughing?"
"We'll because you arenr serious i had fun with you today but i have to meet with the prince to see if hes a good enough man to marry."
"You have met him, in fact you spent the whole day with him well i mean me. Im the One you were supposed to meet with today... im your suitor."
-
I nearly fainted she was beautiful but i cant marry a women this was taboo in all the land no women shall lay with women its basically law. I hope father didnt know about this but i surely was about to find out and out of anger i passed out.