Chapter 2

"Magnus! I've been looking for you all day!" Luke exclaimed and stretched his arms in the air.
"I was-just studying the maps....."
"I just got the notice that we are all set for finally getting off. I wanted to keep the royal treasures on board if that's okay. Don't worry I will state special guards for the bracelet vault"

an empty vault Magnus thought while drops of sweat formed on his forehead.
"Heard you went to explore the port. What do you think of  the city?"
"Amazing" he tried to form words, "It was quite an experience. Especially the people"
"I knew it"

They stood in silence as Magnus wondered how to bring that little problem up. But Luke started before that.
"I really hope you will find someone here as well"
"Pardon?" he was too preoccupied to make out his words.
"I mean, a girl of your liking. Two best friends married on the same day. Won't it be spectacular?"
"You know I'm not interested in love and romance, Luke. Those are not my  thing"
"True" he smirked, "You'd rather have a swordfight with a girl than marrying her" he nodded slightly, "Oh, I forgot. We are getting off pretty soon. talk to you later?" Luke hurried his way upstairs of the ship.
"But wait, Luke...there's something I-"
"Save it for later Magnus. Get ready now. We need to get off-board. King Fierro is waiting"
"As you-as you wish Luke" 
He left.

He didn't need to get ready. It's not that he belonged to the royal family or anything. Magnus decided to check on his cousin. 
"Annabeth?" he knocked on her room's door.
She opened it and he got a glimpse of her messy room, covered with books and old magazines and some design plannings at a corner. His cousin was obsessed with architecture.

"Magnus!" she welcomed him with a big hug. Her blonde hair was tied in two braids. "Haven't seen you all day!"
"Kind of having a bad day," he said entering the room. "How are you doing?"
 "fine" She blushed and refused to meet his eyes "Heard we are about to get off-board"
"You're right" He swiped a quick look around him. "what were you doing?"
"Nothing...?"
"Nothing as in reading his letters or nothing as in day-dreaming about him?" he asked innocently and jumped outside her reach. 

"Magnus!" she tried to shove him but failed. That doesn't stop her from chasing him(pun fully intended).
"Okay, I'm sorry" he exclaimed as she caught him and punched lightly on the shoulders. "But seriously, I was right"
"You were" she admitted, "you can't blame me though. After knowing he lives in Graceland....." she sighed, "It's taking every inch of self-restraint not to jump right off in the streets to find him"
"can you though?" he wondered, "You've never seen him in your life"
"I know, Magnus. But trust me, I can tell it's him just by taking a quick look. I know he got sea-green eyes and jet black hair. he told me in his last letter"
"I'm guessing you will meet with him soon?"
"tonight actually. He told me to wait by the fountain at 10. Not sure where that is, but Gods! I'm scared out of my mind" she moaned as she plopped on her bed, "I'm so ordinary girl Magnus. And I don't even know how he's like.What if he doesn't like me? What if-'

"I'm gonna stop you right there" Magnus interrupted. He sat facing her and said, "You are beautiful and extra-ordinary. Just don't forget that ever in your life Beth. And from what I've heard from you, he's a good man. I trust your decision" 

She smiled a bit. "And what about you Magnus? what bothered you this morning?"
His grin disappeared, "How could you tell?"
"Your eyes are giving that faraway look like you messed something up. Like the last time, you broke the King's painting"
"I don't suppose you'll ever forget that" they laughed out loud.
"So....?" she asked.
"I'm just nervous about this new kingdom and new allies and if they would be worth our trust" he completed in a single breath, "That's all Beth" 

"Ohh" they sat in silence for a while.

"I'm hoping this works out as well. I'm tired of roaming kingdoms after kingdoms with him just to find his perfect princess but...."
she didn't complete her thought and Magnus felt a pang of sadness. it was true though, Luke cannot seem to decide who to marry. None of the kingdom they've seen supposed to interest him. In his words, those were not "rich enough or warlike enough to match our kingdom". But now he seemed confident with a kingdom so far away from Olympus and not known for anything else except architecture.