Chapter 1

Why does trouble always find me? do I have a 'kick me' sign on my back or something? He thought bitterly as he breathed the clean, sea-air, trying to calm his bubbling anger, pain and frustration down. The sea-men were talking among themselves, taking the gifts down from the ship as quickly as possible.
      "Uhm" someone coughed for his attention. He turned to find one of the captains bowing towards him, "Your majesty, we are almost finished packing the gifts and taking off-board. Shall I inform the prince?"
       "Might as well" his mind was racing he's gonna find out "And Arthur, I'm not majesty, no need to call me that"

The captain stared like he ordered him to bury somebody. "As you wish....um..."
     "Magnus, Magnus Chase"
He bowed once again before leaving.

Magnus felt his heart pounding against his chest. The entire voyage was going great, well, better than most of the voyages, until this afternoon. After all, the prince was getting married. The mood was festive and pleasant. At least it was, it won't be the same after Magnus told them that he lost the 'bride-to-be's bracelet, one of the main traditional jewellery made by their kingdom's chief goldsmith.

Well, not lost actually, but he couldn't come up with a better excuse. He can't say the truth cause it was far too unbelievable. "Oh, you are saying that a girl broke into our security vault alone, won a swordfight against you and stole nothing but the bracelet and left? bwahaha No no Magnus, you must've been delirious"

But that's literally what had happened. He closed his eyes shut to process what had happened just 45 minutes ago.

He was in the safety vault room when the ships arrived on Graceland, studying maps and occasionally sipping his green tea when a Stewart informed that they needed some time to prepare their baggage and gifts for king Fierro and his family. So he thought why not walk around the port and see the whereabouts of this new kingdom.

His first big mistake that would change his life completely.

He took a stroll for about 15 minutes. It was true that Graceland was more populated than his kingdom, Olympus, but the natural resources were also much more. they use Wagons most of the time while his kingdom uses carts.

He heard the popularity of Graceland's architecture growing up and it was really unique. The way they decorated the port only...Magnus got an idea of what the palace would be like. He was thinking this general stuff when he returned to the room, only to find the door open. He was pretty sure he locked it, which only meant the prince was inside, as only two of them had the key.
"Hello?" he pushed the door open. No answer. With a moment's hesitation, he stepped inside. It was dark and empty. When he was about to leave, a shuffling from the right caught his eyes. "Is anybody th-" BANG

Before he can complete his sentence....or even scream, someone banged on his head with something heavy, the iron rod, he thought. They twisted a scarf around his neck and with a swift move, pushed him down the floor.
    "Are you the prince?" a voice hissed. His mind was full of panic and fingers gripping on the scarf. Being out of breath, "Aghhaggha" was only what he could form. 
    "Shhh. Are you the fricking prince of Olympus? yes or no?"

Alarmingly, Magnus shook his head and the bond around his throat released. "That's a shame. I can't kill you now"

He was too busy coughing and catching his breath that it took him a moment to realize the person was a girl. He took a look properly now. Waist-length, wavy hair, a long dress and brown skin, like any regular girl in Graceland, but her eyes were what gave away.
Her eyes were two different colours, one amber and another brown so deadly serious as if conveying a silent message I can kill you right now and attend your funeral with a smile on my face, made him almost thankful he wasn't the prince.

"Who are you?"

Instead of answering, she locked the door from inside and went straight for the bracelet vault.

That's when Magnus came to his senses, of course, he thought, she came here to steal. He leaped and turned the alarm bell on.

"Oh, don't sweat," she said while struggling to open the vault.

He waited but nothing happened. "You cut the alarms?"
"Of course, I did. I'm not stupid" 
"You can't open it. It can only be opened in a certain technique that only the prince knows about and you-" "Voila" she screamed.

He watched in horror as the girl opened the box and took the bracelet in her pouch. "How - how did-"
"Same way I opened the door. You blondies are clumsy with your stuff. A person with a few brain cells could've done that. So, where is your prince huh? bet he's another blondie"
yes he is, He swallowed. "Look, you're not answering my questions. If you are here for the bracelet, you can't take it. I was assigned for its security and it's a royal heritage.

"Actually blondie" she was turned and stood beside the small window, "That's pretty much the same reason why I'm stealing it"

That's it. That pissed Magnus off. it was his best friend's wedding and he couldn't bear to watch him getting humiliated. Not while he's alive. 
His head throbbing was bearable now. he took his sword from his waist-belt and aimed at her, "Last warning, girl. I won't hesitate to kill a thief"
Instead of fear or panic, he saw an amusement on her face, "It's that how you wanna play it Sir Barnacle Blackbeard?"
"It's Magnus Chase!" With a leap, he charged. 
Surprisingly, she dodged it, stood further away from him and took out a knife from her ankle. He will confess, he was hesitating in actually killing her. partly because she was a girl and Magnus has never fought a lady before. that was against the rules of Olympus, and partly because she was .....well, intimidating??.

His sword slashed against her knife. He was aiming for the pouch mainly, "You can't beat me. I've had training for 18 years"

"So have I!!" she screamed and continued to defend his strikes. 
She was a lot quicker and Magnus could feel she was a trained person. Almost as good as he was. Maybe even better.
This thought made him uncomfortable and he created a wider arc, making her knife fall off from her hands. On the next strike, she grabbed the sword with her bare hands to defend and twisted it against his forearm, making him weaponless as well.

Magnus moaned and fall on his butt. Both of them were bleeding and wheezing. 
She picked up his sword and pointed to his neck. "Tell the prince, the only way to get his family's royal bracelet back is to cancel the wedding"
He felt as her deadly stare passed right through his soul. 
The girl hit him on his head with the butt of his own sword and squeezed through the window.
"No-" he ran to the window as fast as he could with two injuries on his head. he peeked down, apparently, she landed on her feet alive and mixed with the crowd, because he couldn't see no dead bodies lying around.

He opened his eyes, his head still throbbing but he managed to cover the mark with his long messy hair. "She stole the bracelet," he told himself, "On my watch, she stole the bracelet! Gods! why does trouble always find me?"

"Magnus?" 

he jolted back to reality. Turning around, he finds himself looking at his childhood friend, the prince and the-groom-to-be of Graceland, or 'blondie' as the thief had said....the one and only Luke Castellan.

(I know some details don't fit in, but I swear on the styx it will make sense as the chapters proceeds.

Peace,

Ren)