Lesson 17 - Shalltear

Comenzar desde el principio

"Lord Ainz, I believe Shalltear is a bit exhausted." Albedo glares at Shalltear. (Y/n) pulls her hands back down and watches nervously and a bit amused. "What?" Shalltear glares back. "That's true." Ainz jumps in.

"Eh? Oh..." Shalltear mumbles in defeat. Ainz stands up, leaving Shalltear on the floor. She picks up her blanket again and uses it to cover herself as (Y/n) is set down by Albedo--although reluctantly.

"We'll talk over the details later." He finishes. "By the way, Lord Ainz, Lady (Y/n)... Why am I in the throne room?" She looks around confused. "The way I am dressed and the way you are treating me, Lord Ainz, Lady (Y/n). Did I cause some kind of trouble?"

"You don't remember?" (Y/n) chimes in.

"Ugh, yes.." Shalltear feebly answers. "I'm sorry, Shalltear. Please tell us what you remember last." Ainz asks.

"Yes. Well after giving you both my regards, Lord Ainz, Lady (Y/n).. I joined Sebas and headed to a large town by carriage."

'I guess we still don't know who used that world item on her...' (Y/n) quietly sighs.

"Do you feel strange in any way?" Ainz asks. Shalltear touches her arm, side, and cheek before looking up at (Y/n) and Ainz. "I do not think so."

"I see." He mutters.

"Lord Ainz! Lady (Y/n)!" She suddenly shouts. Albedo, Ainz, and (Y/n) gasp in worry at what could be wrong.

Shalltear's eyes are on her chest. "My chest.. is gone..!!"

Demiurge makes a disgusted face. Aura and Mare just nervously chuckle--with Aura scratching her head. Cocytus looks away.

Albedo growls. "Do you even know the situation you were in until now?!" She shouts at her.

Ainz backs up. (Y/n) nervously chuckles and goes with him, sitting on the staircase as everyone starts to bicker.

"I see." Demiurge mutters. "So you don't remember." He pushes his glasses up. "The worst blunder a guardian can make!" He glares at her.

"Wh-What!?" She shouts.

Ainz joins (Y/n) on sitting on the staircase. He hesitantly picks her up and sets her on his lap, (Y/n) not caring all that much.

"Shalltear, you did something unforgivable to Lord Ainz and especially to Lady (Y/n)! Stupid!" Aura is the next to scold Shalltear. "Huh?!"

"Do you understand the meaning of our existence as guardians?!" Demiurge adds. "Lord Ainz's and Lady (Y/n)'s hearts went through so much pain." Cocytus joins in. "I-I think so as well." Mare chirps.

"To begin with, you always drown in your own desires..." Albedo's voice fades out as (Y/n) can't help but notice how similar this seems to the guild.

She feels Ainz reach out his arm, before seemingly relucantly putting it back, and instead patting (Y/n)'s head. She isn't a fool, she knows how much Ainz cared for their guildmates. It's a sad kind of nostalgic.

Albedo looks over at the two, staring at them before walking towards them with a smile. Albedo holds out two of her hands. "Lord Ainz, Lady (Y/n)." Everyone in the background smiles and chuckles in some way.

"Albedo.." (Y/n) mumbles.

They each take one of her hands, allowing her to bring them both up easily. Albedo twirls (Y/n) around shortly, earning a few giggles. She sets the little girl down and takes each of their hands once more.

"Please scold her well, Lord Ainz, Lady (Y/n)." Albedo continues to smile.

"Seriously! Don't hold back on this idiot." Aura grins.