Chapter 1 - Barnes' Twins

Wheeling a protesting Megan into the delivery room was a feat that was beyond the capabilities of even the Avengers. "I am not giving premature birth." Megan screeched and Steve and Bucky plugged their ears. Only the parents were allowed beyond the double doors that indicated the operation room was fast approaching. "Like hell you won't." Bucky mumbled darkly, his hand woven tightly around Steve's as the two men kept in pace with the gurney. "Bite me Barnes." Bucky laughed with no humor, "That's the reason we're in this place sweetheart."

Only a mere month ago, the quadruple had been arguing about whether or not to let their wife be involved so heavily in the current predicament that was threatening to collapse them all in its midst.

The team sat 'round the usual debriefing room table as each member went over their responsibilities to ensure that the upcoming threat would be minimized and hopefully diminished. Megan stood up, her hand resting on her round belly as she looked out at her team, "We've got a role to play in the upcoming battle. Has anyone managed to get into contact with Wanda and Vision?" The team shook their heads, "Their honeymoon to Edinburg is taking a longer detour than expected." Natasha mumbled.

Megan glanced over at Magda, down below with the rest of the kids, she was interacting happily with Vanessa. Megan sighed heavily, "Ok, fine. Any words from Pepper and Tony? Strange? Carol? The Guardians? The Fantastic Four? Any fucking word from anyone at all?" The team flinched at Megan's tone. "Maybe you shouldn't stress so much, it's affecting your babies." Friday spoke and Megan sent her a cold glare. "Ok, me, Barnes, Rogers and Romanoff will see if we can get in contact with Wanda and Vision. Bartons, Carter, Lewis, I need you guys to see if you can contact Tony, Pepper, Strange and Peter. Maximoff, Hill, Fury, Friday, I need you guys to try to contact Carol and the Guardians somehow, see if you find Thor. Wilsons, Lang, VanDyke, you guys try to get in contact with the Fantastic Four, we're about to need all the help we can get."

Steve stood up and nodded, "Sure, yeah, just one thing." Megan looked at him and raised a brow, "YOU aren't going anywhere." "Here we go again." Natasha muttered. "Excuse me?" Megan spoke, her tone a warning in itself. "You're having my children, remember the promise you made to Howard, that you'd keep your kids from harm's way." Megan nodded, "There's no harm, we're just getting our teammates back and I'll be damned if I can't help. Magda needs her parents too." "So do our kids, Buck a lil' help." "Haha, nope. Now that I'm married to her, I know better than to argue. But I will say this, stop being stupid. I do care about these kids, even if they're not my own-"

"Well actually..." Everyone glanced over at Friday, "Bucky, two of them are yours, a girl and a boy. Another girl is Captain Rogers." Megan blinked, "What?" "What?" Bucky followed, "What?" Steve spoke and then Natasha got up, her chair screeching against the floor, "What?" Friday slunk down slightly in her seat, under the powerful gaze of those four, she felt inferior. "Um, well yeah." Megan pursed her lips, "Ok, great, as if this isn't complicated enough." "No way in hell you're going." Bucky spoke authoritatively.

Megan blinked, sighing, "I'll have these kids first then." And that was her final word, with that she left the room, expecting everyone to carry out the responsibilities that were dutifully assigned to them.

Now, in the delivery room and exhausted to the core, Megan pushed each baby out, one by one, the labour induced on her due to complications with her pregnancy.

***

"Can I come see my children?" Natasha spoke softly as she opened the door a sliver, Megan chuckled on the gurney, "Yeah, come see your completely healthy babies." Natasha grinned and walked in, looking over at the triplets. One girl had Bucky's blue eyes and his brown hair, the other girl had shining golden hair with multicoloured eyes and the boy had brownish-maroon hair with golden-brown eyes. "They're gorgeous." Natasha spoke. Megan shrugged, "I always do make the cutest babies." "Damn right you do." Natasha carefully picked up one of the girls, her big eyes warming the former assassins heart immediately.

"So, even if they don't have my DNA, I'm thinking of 'em as my kids." Megan smiled, "Seeing as you're my wife, you're more than welcome to think of them as anything you want." Natasha chuckled, she held the small palm of the girl she was holding, her electric blue eyes shot through Natasha's soul, leaving her feeling so comfortable around the little girl. "Pretty sure this one has the power to see through anyone's soul." Megan sighed, "No kidding. They all probably have powers." Natasha gave her a wife a one-sided smirk, she walked over to her and kissed her with love and passion, Megan sinking into her touch.

Natasha looked down again at the girl in her arms, "Decided on names yet?" Megan nodded, "You're holding Rebecca Stark-Barnes. The other baby girl is Margaret Rogers, and the baby boy is Grant Brooks Barnes." Natasha smiled, swaying the baby girl gently, "They're perfect."

***

Megan wore the skin-tight suit, after the alterations that Shuri made she looked, "Absolutely badass." Bucky spoke from behind her. She turned around and smirked, "You think so?" "I know so." Megan's suit had a low cut in the front, she had arm holsters to hide her knives, her thigh holsters holding her batons and guns, her num-chuks wrapped around her waist. Her hair was tightly braided into a lone braid running down her back. "I'm thinking of cutting my hair like Nat. Maybe dying it blonde, get us two matching looks."

Bucky smirked at his wife, "Yeah, no. Nat looks hot in blonde, but you, you're perfect in black." Megan gave Bucky a teasing smile, walking closer to him and dragging her finger down Bucky's chest, "Oh yeah? Do I now?" Bucky growled, licking his lips hungrily, he was about to kiss Megan when a knock sounded on the door. Megan sighed, throwing it open in annoyance, "Can I help you?" Brooklyn blinked, "Ok, rude. Sorry to interrupt your sexy moment, but I was wondering who's taking care of us while all of you all are gone?"

"FUCK." Megan cursed, "I forgot to find a babysitter." "I can do it." Brooklyn spoke calmly, leaning on the frame of the door. "Brook, you're 12. Besides, what about your younger siblings?" "Mom, I'm more than capable, you know that. Also, Cooper, Lila and Cass are here too." Megan pursed her lips, "Fine, you're in charge. I'll ask Friday to get to you as fast as she can." Brooklyn pouted but then smiled, her pupils dilating, "Oh ho, I'm in charge." She left, muttering some sort of plan to herself.

"Brook?" The girl rounded the corner again and peeked her head in her parent's room. "Any word of where Rain and Edward are?" Brooklyn sighed, shaking her head, "Last I heard, they were gone to go find Pop-pop." Megan sighed heavily, tears forming in her eyes, "Great. That's two of my children gone." Bucky wrapped his arms around her, "We'll find them."