Part 20: Forsaken

Începe de la început

"Do you think you'll ever love again?" he asked suddenly.

I hesitated, "No."

I didn't even know what love was anymore.

He smiled, and again, it didn't reach his eyes, "Of course. You gave your heart to the wrong man and now you can't trust anyone else with it."

Did my heart die with James? It didn't feel that way.

"Titus, I...it's not that."

He hugged me before I could say anything more and I wrapped my arms around his back, feeling the lumps of his scars. "I know," he whispered, "you don't have to say anything.

He felt a tear of mine run down his bare skin.

I had buried my face in his chest and started crying, "You have to suffer because of me living, don't you?"

"Zy-"

I shouted, "Tell me the truth!"

He held me tighter, "It's not that big of a deal."

I pushed him away and raised my hand to slap him, but couldn't bring myself to hurt him in this state.

He was experiencing pain enough. The worst kind...the jabs that came from the heart.

He laughed, "This again?"

"It's not funny."

He scratched the back of his head and let out a heavy sigh, "I know."

He looked up at the ceiling.

"If you'd allow me, I'd like to show you something tonight."

"Titus."

"Trust me," he intertwined his fingers with mine.

I sighed and put on a smile, "Lead the way, murder man."

• • •

He opened the club doors with his keys and let me in first, before taking my hand to lead me to the room where it all began.

I looked around as he turned on the lights, "Why here?"

He smiled, "Look up."

The clock on the ceiling started to spin slowly and the rose pedals fell off the edges before it split in two and opened.

Blue dust began to fall and the entire room changed. I held on to Titus for dear life.

He chuckled, "Look below you."

I gasped. The floor turned into a mirror reflection of stars.

"Titus...it's so beautiful."

He didn't even notice what I said, he was too busy staring at my smile.

I let go of his arm and started watching my footsteps as I skipped. It felt like I was walking within the galaxy.

He smiled and reached over to my face with his finger, tilting my chin up.

I raised my head to see the clock was spinning with a golden shimmer, and it started to play ballads.

I never thought such a thing existed.

Titus kept his eyes on me and when I finally caught his eye, he pulled me close to him.

"May I have this dance?"

I nodded and he put his hands on my hips as I placed mine on his shoulders.

"Titus..."

He rested his chin on my head as we swayed, "Hm?"