five

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE TEAM WAITED almost an hour repetitively checking in on the distressed young woman, her face resting peacefully as she slept

physically her body was relaxed but in her mind chaos had erupted, nowhere safe to turn.

"P-Pietro?" who the hell was he? she pondered running through a enclosed space, it was dark and cold, every child's nightmare.

"oh my god!" she screamed as a long haired man with a metal arm begun to give chase, his eyes dark with anger and the urge to kill.

It was instinctive to him, second nature.

he loved the hunt.

his body clashed with hers knocking her onto the cold ground, the concrete was stained red.

"i caught you, you're supposed to run." he chuckles quickly confusing her.

"w-who are you?" he immediately frowns seemingly hurt, his hands resting on her hips.

"Bucky.." She whispers in realisation.

Meredith is woken up by the sounds of clanging and objects slamming shut, she glances around the room frantically calming down upon realisation that it was her doing.

her fingers quickly untangle the knots threaded throughout her dark, thick hair.

"Pietro and Bucky." she mumbles getting off the couch quickly leaving the room they had left her in, her feet shuffling over the carpet.

The Avengers are gathered at HQ. Steve is sitting, studying the accords, while Rhodey and Sam argue behind him.

"Secretary Ross has a congressional medal of honor, which is one more than you have."

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it going to be until they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam questions.

Meredith steps into the room shifting from one foot to another nervously, her bottom lip tucked between her front teeth.

"A 117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like this. no, that's  cool we got it."

"How long are you going to play both sides?" As the argument progresses, Meredith takes the time to analyse everyone's expressions and moods.