eight

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IN A LIGHT gray walled bunker Bucky's pod is carried away by a forklift. Nearby Steve gets out of the SUV and glances across at Bucky who doesn't spot him.

With Sam and T'Challa, Steve approaches Sharon who's standing with a diminutive, gray-head man.

"what's gonna happen to him?" Steve questions concerned for his old friend.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition."

Meredith walks by them no longer wearing the suit that makes her other identity, instead, she wears a light washed pair of jeans,  a black tanktop and a leather jacket stolen from Natasha's suitcase.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like, is that my jacket?"

"He's alive." Meredith rolls her eyes and takes her place next to Tony, she couldn't stand the sight of Steve right now.

he never listens.

"No. . Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup." Tony argues with someone over the phone.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha has a hint of sass in her tone.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir."

Tony hangs up the phone rolling his eyes, "consequences?" Steve questions.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." she glances at Sam momentarily before quickly looking away.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"do you deserve it?" Meredith questions whilst tightening her ponytail, she felt an anger she'd never felt before.

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." Natasha informs the newly declared criminals.

"that's cold." Sam replies.

"warmer than jail."

Steve wanders off and before Sam can follow, Meredith grasps his arm and pulls him aside.

he sighs already dreading the conversation ahead, he glanced into her eyes and almost cringed at the amount of anger lingering in them.