Secrets of the past

Start from the beginning

- N... No...- He gasped, but i didn't know what upset him. The screen said that he's "Fallen down". Isn't it the condition when a monster is weak and has to regenerate?

- Hey, are those the results?- Papyrus chimed in, but Gaster was looking mortified, again. I quickly reached for the power cable, pulling it out. Whatever "Fallen down" meant, wasn't positive.

- W-why did the screen go out?- Papyrus's face looked like he was worried and concerned at the same time.

- The machine was overloaded. This place is very old. It was bound to happen.- Gaster turned to him, sighing as he found something interesting on the floor.

- Oh... Well... What was the result?- He looked at us with a smile. Gaster's eyes widened, and we can't just tell him what we saw.

- He's... He's fine. It's going to be a really long process, but he should be okay after a week or two.- I lied, hoping that he won't notice. I'm a terrible liar.

- Whew. I'm so relieved... I could barely feel his soul, so I was a little bit worried.- He smiled, and he was honestly relieved. Gaster was still processing it, and Papy wasn't the emotionless type.

- Are... You okay?- Papyrus turned to Gaster.

- Papyrus... I need to ask you a favor. I need to research some.... Things... And then go talk with Asgore. If anything happens,the elevator will take you to my lab on the surface. I need you to stay here and watch after your brother. And Lukas, I'll need you to train, since you'll need to master Duality.- He explained. I nodded, but Papy was more concerned and complicated than me.

- Um.... What if you let me help? I'm great at finding things!- He tried to convince Gaster, but he just showed his back towards the skeleton.

- No, Papyrus.- He simply said.

- What if I help you organize what you find?- He tried again.

- No....- He stated, now a little more coldly.

- What if you tell me what to lo...- Papy tried again, but something Gaster wasn't as patient as before. He turned towards him and stepped forward, raising his voice.

- I said NO! - He shouted as 6 small hands appeared behind him. He clearly didn't notice that he summoned the hands. Papyrus took a step back, terrified. I stepped in, grabbing Gaster's wrist firmly.

- Doctor, lower your hand. Now...- I said in an ordering voice, to witch he responded. He noticed Papyrus's face, and his own expression softened. After I released him, the hands disappeared and he clearly felt guilty.

- We'll go and talk with Asgore. Please, stay here and protect your brother, Papyrus.- I smiled at him, hugging the tall skeleton. He was surprised at first, but he slowly returned it. Since Daisy's death, he was the first one I hugged, or even got this close to. We released each other, then I proceeded to enter the elevator with Gaster. He changed his clothing in the upper lab and we headed to the dreemurr house.

****************

- It's my fault that Asriel got...- We heard Frisk's voice. As we reached the living room.

- I believe he's still got a chance.- Gaster said as we stepped in. Asgore noticed his voice and turned towards us.

- Gaster! Lukas! How's Sans doing?- He smiled at us.

- Let's not waste time discussing an issue that doesn't concern you, Asgore.- He stated coldly. I was surprised by his sudden emotionlessness.

- What he means.... Is that we're not sure. But enough of that. We got bigger issues in our... Hands. And it looks like it'll be up to us to solve.- I explained, noticing that I made a pun. I noticed that Gaster was looking at Frisk observingly.