After a while I swung my feet off of Apollo's lap and stood up, "I'm going to go use the loo."

Both of them nodded dismissively before I slid open the compartment door and walked down the train's halls. The bathroom was a little ways off from our compartment which meant I'd have to walk a bit but I didn't mind.

As I walked my mind, wandered back to the events of this summer. Apollo had spent it at my house with Briar visiting like usual. My nightmares had begun to return also which made both of my friends worry but I shrugged it off and told them it was nothing. There was no need to freak them out for no reason.

I hadn't even realized that I wasn't paying attention until I ran full force into a hard body and almost toppled to the floor. "Woah there Alvarado. You alright?"

*start song*
My heart rate picked up speed at the sound of that voice. Looking up I locked eyes with none other than Adrian Pucey who was looking down at me with a smile. "Oh yeah. Sorry I just got distracted while walking" I laughed, scratching the back of my neck nervously.

"Don't worry about it. Anyways, how was your summer?" He asked stepping out of the middle of the hall to talk to me.

Alright Quinn, it's time to stop acting like an idiot.

"It was pretty good. I didn't do anything really interesting. What about you?" I said giving a little smile.

Suddenly though the train rocked underneath us causing me to almost lose my balance. Adrian placed his hands on my waist to steady me. Once the rocking stopped I only then noticed the close proximity of our bodies.

Adrian angled his head down to look at me with a knowing look, his hands still placed on my hips. "Mine was also good. I was hoping you would write to me though."

I raised my eyebrows at his blatant statement. "You could've written first you know"

"Good point" He chuckled, his breath brushing my lips, "Actually Quinn, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to-"

"Well look who it is" A loud voice interrupted from behind me.

For Merlin's sake.

Adrian dropped his hands from my waist and smiled awkwardly. "I'll see you later alright?"

I only nodded trying not to explode until he left. Adrian walked away and once he was out of sight I whirled around to face the person I hated most in the world.

Lorenzo Berkshire looked down at me with a sarcastic smile. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled moving to shove him but he grabbed my wrists in his before I could.

"Nice to see you too princess" He drawled

I just wrenched myself from his grip, "Don't call me that."

That only made him smile wider, "Just as much of a bitch as I remember. Honestly it's refreshing at this point."

I clenched my fists beside me, "Yeah? You're just as much of a spoiled brat as I remember. What happened over the summer Lorenzo? Did daddy turn you away agai-" I started but never got to finish because I was pushed against the wall. Hard.

"Do you really want to go down that road Alvarado? Because if I remember correctly your mummy is too dead to even turn you away..." He seethed, arm pressed against my throat.

Red flared in my vision as I roughly shoved him off. "Shut up."

He smiled at my obviously angered voice. "What are you going to do Quinn? Cry about it?"

Most people who know me would often describe me as impulsive. And they would be right. Without thinking twice I raised my hand and slapped him across the face. Hard.