Selfless Desires

Serenity was fuming. How was he just going to throw her out like that? Especially since he was the one that insisted she stay the night. She wanted nothing to do with him. The first thing she did once leaving his room was to shower.

She needed his smell off of her. After taking a thirty-minute shower she bundles up and prepares to go out to attend the rest of school. She didn't make it far, because as soon as she touched the door handle to the front door, she was stopped.

"What are you still doing here?"

Turning she sees Aston at the top of the stairway, "I overslept. I'm headed that way right now."

"No point in going now. They only have a few periods left. It's also quite cold out there. Isn't worth the bike ride there and back."

He was right. Serenity knew it was cold outside because her room was freezing. "I should still make an appearance at school."

"Or you could help me out instead."

She shook her head, "I Don't know."

"Help me plan for a ball. Come on. I know you like being one step ahead of everyone. This will set you like two."

"Two steps ahead of everyone? Even Julianne," Serenity rolls her eyes.

"Especially her."

Sighing she says, "fine. What do you need help with?"

"We're going to town. To visit a few vendors."

"Human vendors?"

He nods his head, "yup. We only need them to deliver it. They will not be catering or serving."

"Of course that's my job."

"I-" Aston didn't know what to say because he knew it was probably true, "how inconsiderate of me. I'm sorry for asking, I can just go by myself."

Serenity was taken aback by his apology. Was he being sincere or was he tricking her into going with him? Either way, it worked. She watched him as he came down the stairs.

"Wait, I'll go. I haven't visited the town in a while. A breath of fresh air would be nice."

"Glad you've changed your mind. Let's go."

Liam was on edge for the rest of the day. Mateo caught him with serenity. What was he going to do about that? However, Mateo had no right to talk to him like.

In his office, he finished signing the last pieces of paper for renovations. Aston should be back by now with a list of vendors for the ball.

Standing up he went and looked out the window overlooking the backyard. What was he going to do about this mess?

The ball had everyone on edge. He was trying to stay away from the edge and Serenity helped him with that. Serenity was his dosage of dopamine that he severely needed. That the pack needed. He didn't need a depressed pack especially now.

His pack though. Was he really neglecting them? (Authors question: do you think he's neglecting his pack? Could he be a better alpha?)

Needing some guidance he makes his way towards the door. It was about time he finally listens to his father.

His father, Jonathan, lived at the edge of the pack almost isolated. After so many years of being in control, he wanted nothing more than to be left in peace with his wife. For his son's sake, he stayed out of all diplomatic issues. He was after all no longer alpha.

To see his son on his doorstep after all these months of being alpha was a surprise to him, "finally come to visit your old folks?"

Liam shook his head, "I need help."