I winced each time she moved the bandage over my wounds.

"He did less damage than usual." She sighed in relief.

"Wait he does more?!" I frowned.

Agatha nodded,

"Yes, unfortunately. It seems you got lucky with 15 blasts. He usually does 60 to 100."

"Wait, what?!" I shook.

"It's okay, you did great. Much better than others usually." She assured.

We were interrupted by the sound of a spoon being banged on a metal pot lid.

All heads turned to Katara as Agatha shook her head in defeat.

I had been hurt, this was gonna fire up Katara. She was upset, I understood why but there was other ways.

"Earthbenders! You don't know me, but I know of you. Every child in my water tribe village was rocked to sleep with the stories of the brave earth kingdom, and the courageous earthbenders who guard its borders. Some of you may think that the fire nation has made you powerless. Yes, they have taken away your ability to bend. But they can't take away your courage, and it is your courage they should truly fear, because it runs deeper than any mine you've been forced to dig, any ocean that keeps you far from home! It is the strength of your hearts that make you who you are, hearts that will remain unbroken when all rock, and stone has eroded away. The time to fight back is now! I can tell you, the Avatar has returned! So remember your courage earthbenders! Let us fight for our freedom!" She finished.

It was completely silent when she finished.

I hoped that maybe it was just delayed and everybody would suddenly leap up in an encore, but it wasn't. There was no reaction from anyone besides the feeling of sad defeat hanging in the salty air.

Heads dropped lowers on slumped shoulders.

Agatha sighed as she finished.

"Don't worry, you'll hear a ton of those speeches as the years pass. They're nothing more than empty promises, so don't take anything to heart." She said and urged me into the sleeping area.

"Sleep on your side, it's gonna hurt for a bit on your back." She said as I curled under the thin blanket with a soft nod.

"Thank you" I said as exhaustion drew my eyes closed.

---------

I woke up in the middle of the night to Aang.

I hugged him quickly as he smiled,

"We were worried about you. Appa's waiting for us so we can go."

"No, I'm not leaving. Not without everyone else." I said with a determined look.

Aang sighed,

"Sokka said you'd do this."

"And I will."

"Fine, but stay close." Aang breathed and took off as I followed behind as quickly as I could.

--

"We can't abandon these people." Katara stated as I nodded entering the conversation.

"Yeah, it'd be cruel." I said in agreement.

I hate when you two get like this, come on we better hide!" Sokka pushed us on as Aang whispered in Appa's ear for his hiding spot.

We hid behind crates in a storage area.

"We don't have much time, what are we gonna do?" Sokka questioned.