My Hero Academia: Deku and Uraraka

As Izuku Midoriya stood on his crush's doorstep in his two piece suit, ready to pick her up for their first date, he couldn't help but shake. His mouth felt dry. He could barely stand up.

The greatest hero in the world, with the most powerful Quirk in the world...was barely able to stand because of a girl.

Crap, he cursed at himself. I look like an idiot. Will Uraraka think I look like an idiot? I wonder why she's talking so long. Did I knock too many times? Did I knock enough times?? What if she thinks I'm just a solicitor? What if she's in the bathroom or sleeping? What if her dad is super defensive and tries to shoot me with a shotgun when he opens the door-

"Oh, hey, Deku!"

Deku was broken from his trance by the amazing picture before him.

Ochaco Uraraka was dressed in a pink dress, sleeveless and extending down to her knees. Her feet were trapped inside some high heels, which she seemed to be desperately trying to balance on before just leaning on the doorstep.

"I'm so sorry!" she said. "These things are kind of hard to walk in, so that's why I took so long."

"Oh, th-that's perfectly alright!" Deku quickly replied. "Y-You look f-fi- beautiful! I mean- yeah, beautiful! Yeah..."

Oh my God, I sound so pathetically stupid! Why won't my voice work????? If there's a God up there, please just end me now-

"You look so handsome, Deku! You really went all out!"

"You really...think so?"

"Yeah! Your tie's a little off, tho-"

As Ochaco pointed to the slightly-askew tie, she leaned forward and lost her balance, falling forward with a squeak. Luckily, Deku was quick to catch her, and suddenly the two of their faces were very close. They blushed intensely at how close they were to each other.

"Hey, lovebirds," a deep voice called out from behind Uraraka. "How about you wait until you've gone a little ways out from the house before you start falling into each other's arms, eh?"

"Daaaaaad!" Uraraka whined.

Deku's face instantly lost all color and became white as snow. He had no cause for fear, however, as Uraraka's father greeted him with a warm smile and held out his large hand. Deku timidly shook the enormous hand, trying his best to return the smile.

Think like All Might, Deku. You have to keep smiling, even if you're deathly afraid.

"Hey," Uraraka's father mused. "Don't I know you from somewhere? Oh hey, that's right! You're that Midoriya kid from the Sports Festival! You're...shorter than I expected."

"Dad, please!" Uraraka did not seem to be very pleased with her father's teasing of Deku, crossing her arms and frowning.

"Oh, come on, sweetie. You know it's the age-old tradition that the dad has to tease the boyfriend a little. Oh, alright, don't give me that look. Go ahead, you two."

"I'll have her back by 10:00, sir."

"You better, mister." Turning to his daughter, Uraraka's father gave her a kiss on the forehead. "You be good, young lady."

"Ok, Dad."

He waved them goodbye and then shut the door.

***

Deku and Uraraka had walked through the park toward the restaurant for some time, and neither had said anything. While Deku was overthinking and mentally destroying himself, Uraraka decided to break the ice.