"the most haunted building in Britain," I finished for him with a grin.

"We should probably get back," Y/N said as she saw how late it had gotten. "It's almost 8:30."

The four of us gathered our things as we left the library, walking up the staircase to the portrait hole.

"What's going on?" Y/N asked. Unusually, a large group of people were waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

"Probably Neville's forgotten the password again," Ron scoffed as we stopped walking.

"Hey!"

I turned around to see Neville staring at Ron. Hermione slapped his arm and right before she was about to lecture him, I could hear Percy's voice from the top of the staircase.

"Let me through, please. Excuse me! I am the head boy. No one is to enter until it has been fully searched."

The portraits started gasping as Ginny ran down the stairs.

"The Fat Lady! She's gone!"

I peered over her shoulder to see the Fat Lady's Portrait ripped up and she was nowhere to be found.

"Serves her right. She was a terrible singer."

"It's not funny, Ron."

"Keep calm everyone," Dumbledore's loud voice could be heard as he marched up the staircase. He paused once he saw the portrait hole and turned to Mr. Filch. "Mr. Filch, round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle and find the Fat Lady."

"No need for ghosts, Professor. The Fat Lady is there." Argus Filch pointed at a painting as everyone rushed to see it.

"Dear lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

The Fat Lady started crying as she emerged from behind the rhino in the painting.

"I saw the devil himself and I can not say his name. It's him, Headmaster, the one everyone talks about. He's here, in the castle. Sirius Black!"

The hall erupted with rumors as people turned to look at me in shock and worry.

"Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you to the Great Hall!"

~~

Everyone was required to sleep in the Great Hall tonight as the professors searched for Sirius Black. Nearly everyone was sleeping except for me. I turned around to see Y/N deep in sleep.

"What about Potter? Shouldn't he be warned?" I could hear Snape's dull voice as he entered the Hall.

My ears perked as I heard my name and craned my neck to listen.

"Perhaps, but for now let him sleep. In sleep, we enter a world entirely of our own. Let him sleep in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud."

Y/N's pov ϟ

Fall soon became winter as we went about our daily classes and duties.

"Defense against the Dark Arts," I sang happily as I skipped ahead of Ron and Harry.

"Why are you so excited," Ron asked, looking slightly disgusted. "It's school."

"Well, Ronald. It's better than smelly Snape's class isn't it." I retorted as I entered the class walking backwards. "His room is so depressing and dark, I can't even concentrate."

"Turn to page 394," Snape's voice echoed into the classroom.

I froze, my back turned to what I hoped wasn't Professor Snape.