Chapter 26: Meeting Up Again

Start from the beginning

Akito's quirk is called 'shadow', how ironic that his name's meaning is 'bright'. He can control any shadow as his liking. They can devour a person, strangle them and he can even form weapons with them. You can also see them as living things, Akito can tell them what to do and they will do it. They can tell Akito who, where someone is and Akito can even shadow-walk. It's like teleporting. I am kind of jealous of the shadow-walking to be honest.

I controlled his head to face me. "You know, it's rude to play while having a guest." He looked bored at me and I pulled away my hold of his body. This time he didn't fix his attention back to his game again but looked at me and then to the others.

Daichi let out a sigh and came to sit in front of me, on the little coffee table. For a second I thought the table would break, but it didn't. Even though it's really old and worn down, it still looks to be sturdy. He placed his elbows on his knees and leaned forward to look at me better with his serious eyes.

"You know how one time a kid got sold to a man?" He asked and waited for my answer. I nodded hesitantly and looked back to Kyoko and Endo, who where both standing besides each other, Endo still leaning back against a wall and Kyoko balancing her weight from one foot to another, clearly nervous.

"What about her?" My gaze fell back to the oldest one in the room. "Well we found her." He said while breathing out.

"Okay?" My eyes unfocused as I tried to think about a possibly reason for them to tell me that. I mean, we had no contact and all of a sudden they called me over. I don't even know how they got my number.

"She is with Kai."

I furrowed my brows slightly. A face flashing through my mind while I tried to think back to the time I once met a guy named like that."You mean-?"

"Yes. She is placed with the Shie Hassaikai, Kai is their new leader and took the girl in his care. Be goes by the name 'Overhaul'." He continued.

I rubbed my right eyebrow with a frown on my face. I once had to go to their Territory because of Kaizue. We were in not so good terms with them after something happened and he wanted me to clarify everything and set the terms with them back to good. Yeah... didn't go as planned.

"We are in good terms with them again and he wanted to meet you." Endo was the one that said it, his arms were crossed over his chest and he looked at me. "Why does he want to meet me?" Because of what happened years back? No. Their former leader let me go unpunished. Why would Kai want to punish me now?

Even though he is their new leader, he can't just go back of his former master's words. That would be unseemly and a reason for a full fledged war.

"You know what happened last time-" I tried to point out but got cut off.

"That's why he wanted to see you."

I let out a sigh and leaned back on the couch. Looking to my left side, I gave the blonde boy a questioning look. "What do you say Akito? You are the smart one here. Why should I give a fuck about him?"

"Boss wants you to go and meet him."

"Well Kazue is not my boss, I don't need to listen to him." I calmly stated.

"I think you should go." I looked around for some kind of support. Any kind of support. But they all looked convinced to make me go and meet that bitch.

I scoffed.
"So you want me dead too, huh? Didn't know you guys would do such a thing to your friend  just because Kazue said so." I spat and stood up.

"He won't lay a finger on you." Daichi reassured. "Boss said he wanted to only talk to you."

"I won't go somewhere where I got humiliated."
Kyoko rushed to me and placed both her hands on each side of my shoulders. "Look babe, I know you won't tell us what happened there, but just do it for us. You don't know how much he pressured us to send you there. We didn't wanted to call you at first but it got serous as we found out what he does to that child-"

"Kyoko don't." Daichi cut her off but she continued.

"I had seen how much you liked that child and you would be followed by guilt when you don't help her now."

"Why would I feel guilty because of a mere child?"

"Because she is going through a lot right now and she needs some kind of support. I would have gone when Kai asked for me immediately, but he insisted on seeing you. Not any of us, but you."

I thought for a second. Everyone knows that I left. Why would he still ask for me? Did I kill one of his friends back then? But what would it have to do with that little girl?

"When does he want to meet me?" She let go of my shoulders and looked back to her brother for an answer. He stood up from the table and walked towards us. "We could go tomorrow, you can rest here, it's dark already and I know how far you live from here." I nodded and looked back to Kyoko.

"Where do I sleep?" She grinned and took my hand. "With me." With that, she led me to her room in this shabby house.

1765 words