The Noodlehouse

Kais POV

Keeping up with Jays end of the bargain was tested right away. That night, the crew decided we were going to go to the Noodlehouse. Nya gently knocked on my door to let me know that they were planning to leave in ten minutes and if I wanted to go I better get my butt in gear.

I, of course, had to tell her that I was planning to come. Thanks, Jay. 

However, Nya seemed really excited and said she would let everyone know. I grabbed a nice pair of pants and shirt and quickly changed, jamming my feet into some high tops before exiting the room. I met Jay in the hallway. He also had nice jeans on, and a blue hoodie.

He nodded. "Nice of you to join." 

I gave him a huff and rolled my eyes. He knew I had no choice. If I didn't go, he would tell Nya, and that was not happening. Not until I fixed everything.

How? Ya, I didn't know how yet, but something had to be done. 

Sensei didn't come as he was busy with something at the museum. Those guys called for his help a lot sense he was old and what not. 

I pulled my hoodie over my head as me and Jay made our way to the rest of the group. It was decided we were going to walk. Cole moaned. "Walk? I am starving!"

"Well then maybe you will work off some of that extra fat," Lloyd teased, poking Cole in the side. The earth ninja threw a punch at Lloyds head, which of course just ended up going through him. They pushed and shoved each other a little more. 

Zane acknowledged me. "Hello Kai. I knew you wouldn't be able to refuse the thought of some good fast food noodles."

I shrugged. "Ya. It sounded alright."

We all started walking, Nya and Dom in the front, chatting away about celebrities, movies, flowers, etc. Pretty much everything under the sun. It sounded extremely boring, however Lloyd seemed to trail behind them, trying to overhear different parts of it. Zane and Cole were walking next, Zane explaining how Cole could possibly created different gems from different rocks if he focused hard enough. Hypothetically, of course.

Jay walked with me.

"It has been a while since we've been in the city," Jay commented, pointing to the Post Office that had recently gotten a fresh coat of paint. "I haven't seen this restaurant here before either!" The sign had chicken strips on it and it was called 'Bawcks'. My guess is they were trying to make a chicken sound but at the same time tell people that they wanted their money.

"Mhmm."

Between Jay's comments and rambling, a few looks from random New Ninjago citizens were thrown my way. One mom turned her daughter, sheltering her from me. My guess, the face. I guess it could also be I was in front of the world a few months before, on the bad guys side. Who knows.

 I pulled my hood up tighter.

We all turned a corner and Dom tripped on the curb and went sprawling. Before anyone could blink, Lloyd had caught her by her elbow. "So, since it is okay that I sit in orange juice, you decide that you can spread yourself out on the sidewalk?"

Dom rolled her eyes, blushing at the clumsy mistake. "No. Thanks for catching me." She laughed, her hair rolling from the front as she pushed it behind her, falling almost to the bottom of her back. She did have long hair. 

I took a breath. 

"I got gum stuck in my hair!" Huge eyes looked up at me, Dom trying to pull a piece of gooey pink out of her long hair. "I can't get it out." Tears began to fall.