"They're super dank too because you can use them to split a blunt no matter where you are, and they're way easier than using some shit." She added, grabbing another one in black before tossing it over which I caught smoothly. "I knew you'd want one so I got you a black one."

I smiled nodding before saying, "Thanks." as I slid the little gift into the back of my pocket.

The atmosphere fell into a comfortable silence. I was left to watch her clean up the mess she had made on the table as I had taken the seat across from her.

We turned our heads to where the sound had come from when we heard a high pitched cry. "Give me a second." She held her index finger up at my direction without giving me a quick glance running back into her house.

I chuckled fishing my phone out of my pocket. I had just realised I hadn't checked my phone once since I took a shower at home. I must already have notifications from my girlfriend.

Squirtle❤️ 5 iMessages

I smiled seeing her contact name across my screen. I unlocked my phone by using the FaceID before going straight to her messages.

Squirtle❤️: BABYYYYYYY

My smile grew even bigger appreciating her enthusiasm. It was ten minutes after the last text I had sent her, I was probably taking a shower around that time.

Squirtle❤️: why are u up so early?

Squirtle❤️: i love you n i cant wait to see you🥺

Squirtle❤️: today's so hectic. we have recorded two already but they still need polishing. hopefully we finish up soon before you go to zacs so i could join

Squirtle❤️: goodnight baby, can't wait to be with you❤️

"What got you smiling and shit?" I snapped my head up to see Kehlani smirking who had her daughter, Adeya on her left hip, her arm wrapped around her tiny body to provide support for her back.

I chuckled as my eyes then switched to the toddler who was clamping on with her little legs as she was occupied sucking her pacifier. "You tell me what got you asking me to come over at five in the morning and shit."

"Oh– okay girl, damn." She held her free hand up in defence.

"So?" When she had settled down on a comfortable seat across the table with Adeya on her lap, her face started to become serious and her eyes expressed mixed-emotions including sadness, disappointment and upset. As hard as I tried to keep a straight face, out of nowhere I began to laugh for no apparent reason. Although the other party was clearly highly upset, it seemed she had the worst possible reaction: she started laughing.

She snickered as she snatched the pacifier from Adeya's mouth before throwing it at me, "Stop laughing, dickhead!" This led her daughter to cry once again. We both looked at each other in surprise at her unexpected action.

Did she just snatch the pacifier from her kid?

"Fuck, I'm sorry, baby." I threw my head back laughing as soon as a curse word left out of her mouth. She bit her lip suppressing a laugh when she realised.

She picked her up from her lap as she stood up turning her around to face her bringing Adeya to her chest, her weight was resting on her chest and arms. "Let me just put her back to sleep."

I nodded and put my attention back to my phone as Kehlani walked back inside again. I smiled when I saw there was another notification from her again.

Squirtle❤️: hello???? are u up? why are u leaving me on read????????

Good morning, baby