───── Book Three ║Ch. 7

Start from the beginning

"I had a hunch that you survived―" Soza started, glancing upwards at the ceiling before returning her attention to the Avatar and his friends.

"―But it doesn't matter," Azula chirped in.

"We've known about the invasion for months." They grinned, twin smirks painting their identical faces. 

A matching apathetic look in their identical amber eyes.

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"I'm ready," Zuko breathed in, facing the small, but fancy door, "to face you."

Walking forward, he slammed open the door to his father's chamber.

"Prince Zuko," his father glanced up, his brow scrunched together indicated that he was confused, before setting down the cup of tea that he had paused from drinking. "What are you doing here?"

He prodded again when he received no response. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to tell the truth." Zuko spoke firmly. He had gotten rid of his royal clothes and was now dressed casually, hair messy, swords strapped to his back as a threat. 

"Telling the truth during the middle of an eclipse," the Fire Lord mused coolly. "This should be interesting."

He then waved his hand to the side, silently telling his soldiers to leave, which they did,  marching out the door.

"First of all," Zuko started, "in Ba Sing Se, it was Soza that took down the Avatar, not me." He admitted, standing strong.

"Why would she lie to me about that?"

"Because the Avatar is not dead." He revealed. "He survived."

"What?!"

"In fact," Zuko continued, "he's probably leading this invasion. He could be on his way here right now."

"Get out!" Ozai stood up, screaming at his son. "Get out of my sight right now if you know what's good for you," he seethed.

"That's another thing," Zuko growled. "I'm not taking orders from you anymore."

"You will obey me or this defiant breath will be your last!"

"Think again!" Zuko countered, whipping out his sharp, bright and clean swords. His father narrowed his cruel amber eyes at them in distaste.

"I am going to speak my mind, and you are going to listen!"

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"Where is he?!" 

Aang shouted, staff poised as a weapon. "Where's the Fire Lord?!" 

Soza sighed, pretending to act sad and disappointed as she watched the Avatar and his gang.

 "Hmmm," the sisters started together, "you mean we're not good enough for you? You're hurting our feelings." They stood up, both of them placed a hand on her own chest to prove a point.

"Stop wasting our time and give us the information!" Sokka pointed a blade at the two princesses from where he stood. "You both are powerless right now, so you're in no position to refuse―" he snarled.

"And stick to the truth," Toph interrupted, clenching her palm into a fist. "I'll be able to tell if you're lying."

"Are you sure?" Soza questioned, "I'm a pretty good liar." She walked down the steps, her small heels clicked against the ground when they met the dirt. 

"I am a 400-foot-tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings." She said plainly, her face not changing from a stoic expression. Azula sighed as she walked down to her younger twin sister, listening to the silence.

".....Okay, you're good, I admit it," Toph admitted. Then, with a single flick of her wrist, a shock of earth surrounded both Soza and Azula, covering their bodies. "But you really ought to consider telling the truth anyway," she finished.

Soza and Azula smirked, the earth cracking and breaking into small pieces. Azula reached over her shoulder, dusting off her clothes.

"When we left Ba Sing Se," she drawled, smirking lopsided at the Avatar's gang, "we brought home some souvenirs."

With a thump, two people dropped from the ceiling.

"Dai Li agents."

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"Wait!" Sokka realized, finally catching up to Toph and Aang. "Toph, Aang, stop attacking." He ordered, remembering the limited amount of time that they had.

"Don't you see what they're doing?" he asked, jogging up next to his friends. "They're both just playing with us! They're not even trying to win this fight―!"

"Not true," Soza interrupted. "We're giving it our all." Azula placed her hands on her hips as Soza crossed her arms.

"You both are trying to keep us here and waste all our time!," Toph accused angrily. 

Azula rolled her amber eyes, "um, right," she simpered. "I think your friend just said that genius."

"And since you can't see," Azula probed at their anger, "I should tell you that I'm rolling my eyes." She smirked cruelly when Toph exploded with anger.

"I'll roll your whole head!"

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

Vote, comment, or follow!

~RayaRain11

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█