"So, why are you being so weird?"

"Whadda you mean?" he blanked, confused for a moment.

"You're gonna tell me you haven't been off this whole week?" Lucas stalled by turning the car on, clearing his throat and then checking the mirrors. She breathed through her nose, fiddling with the hem of her shorts. "Are you nervous about the wedding?" she asked quietly, honestly wondering if that's what was stressing him out. She knew it was often a rollercoaster with his family and that he hadn't seen his oldest sister in a long time.

"The wedding?" his eyes were wide with shock as he looked over at her. She met his gaze, brows furrowed.

"Yeah, isn't that this weekend?"

"yeah, it is... how did you- when did i?"

"you mentioned it at the barbeque, remember?" She went back to playing with her fingers because Ben had also shoved her into Lucas's lap at the barbeque and she thought about his hands on her skin more than she'd like to admit.

Now that she mentioned it, Lucas did remember telling her about his sister's wedding. He'd told her that he was nervous because he hadn't seen her in a while. He was surprised, and frankly, touched that theo had remembered that specific conversation. Then again, this was theo.

"Yeah, i guess i am a little nervous." she nodded in understanding and he let out breath, turning fully towards her in the seat. "That's just it, though. I wanted to ask if you'd come with me?" why were his hands fucking clammy, why was he so afraid of her answer. She blinked at him.

"Are you sure? I mean- is it ok if i?" she started to shake her hands out and he caught the one closest to him.

"I'm sure. It would actually make me feel so much better having you there. That's if you're not busy." she smacked his arm and smiled.

"Shut up, of course i'll go." because even if she was busy she'd cancel everything for him in a heartbeat.

Idiot.

~

The boy picks her up from work early friday afternoon, except she's running late and she knows that stresses him out- it's almost 30 minutes after he wanted to be on the road. The drive is at least 2 hours, if not 3.

She bursts through the glass doors of the office, bags in tow. She looks particularly good dressed in boyfriend jeans that hug her hips just right, a couple cute rips exposing a bit of her tan skin. Her heels clicked on the pavement as she made her way to him. He pushed off the side of the car, easily taking her bags and throwing them in the back seat.

"I'm so sorry I had meetings all day and then Nate wanted my help closing a deal-!" he shut the door and turned, surprised when she was nearly eye level thanks to her heels. "He really is the worst sometimes." She finished, chewing on her lip. He wanted to kiss her. Bad. The urge was getting harder to ignore every time he saw her. She noticed him staring and raised a brow, putting a hand on his arm. "You alright? Ready to go?" the boy blinked, he was itching to touch her back. He cleared his throat .

"yeah, I'm good. how can you see with your hair in your face all day?" he changed the subject, brushing it behind her ear, admiring how soft it was between his fingers and how the purple hues glowed in the sunlight. She rolled her eyes.

"The same way you do, blondie." he didn't miss the way her cheeks colored, or the way her breath caught when he touched her. He rolled his eyes back.

"Get in the car." he opened the passenger side for her.

"Get in the car." she mocked, flicking him as he went to the driver seat.

They drive for a solid hour and a half before he decides to make a stop at the gas station, running in for snacks. He grabs a bag of hello panda, knowing Theo will be very pleased. Also some sour hi chews. He got himself a few things as well because theo would only share so much. A lightly caffeinated beverage? She might want actual food, though? He didn't know when she'd last eaten. Probably not in a while if she'd had meetings all day- she had a habit of forgetting to eat if she was really busy. He chucked a sandwich in the basket after reading the ingredients to make sure she could eat it.

Meanwhile, Theo had used the bathroom and washed the windows, or as much of them as she could reach- which was more than usual thanks to her 4.5 inch heels. She glanced at the watch on the underside of her wrist and yawned. Lucas was still nowhere to be seen. She found herself clearing the backseat so she could curl up and rest her eyes.
The bright fluorescents in the office had been bothering her lately, and she still hadn't found her good pair of blue light glasses which meant headaches on a daily basis.

The boy emerges five minutes later 20 dollars poorer with a bag full of munchies. though, he really couldn't care less as long as Theo is happy. He's only worried for a moment when he doesn't see her right away, eyes finding her figure curled up on the backseat, sound asleep. Her hair is falling over her face and her breathing is a steady in and out. She must have been really tired. He smiled, watching her for a moment and snapping a sweet picture of her before putting the snacks in the front seat and getting back on the road.

They arrive at the shared beach house 40 minutes later and he doesn't want to wake her up, putting the bags in the house before mustering up the courage to gently shake her.

"Theo," he opens the door and kneels down, brushing the hair out of her face. "Theo, we're here." he's about to shake her shoulder when her eyes flutter open, a soft, sleepy noise escaping her puffy lips. "There's my beauty." the words slip out in a whisper as she blinks up at him. "Ready to meet everyone?" she starts to sit up, running a hand through her hair while covering a yawn with the other, already scooting towards him and swinging her feet out the door, frowning when she remembers she took her shoes off. He reaches past her to grab her heels, setting them in front her so that she can step into them. He stands, catching her hands when she wobbles for balance.

She's a sleepy mess, what with her hair mussed and eyes slightly puffy but she doesn't have time to worry about it since his family comes out to greet them. They all think it's adorable.

She washes up and changes into a big t-shirt, swapping the heels for checkered vans, following the sound of everyone's voices till she was in the kitchen, landing right by Daisy. Lucas's twin glanced over her shoulder, smile widening when she sees Theo.

"you're so cute, omygod." Theo's cheeks colored and she shrugged, eyes searching for Lucas among the circle of people. She found him staring right back at her and blushed harder.

it's all hereजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें