I woke up to see my dads face. Damn, my eye mask fell off. We were about to park in the back parking lot of the gym. I saw a few other schools busses already parked, a few had players hopping out.

i packed all my stuff into my bag and stood up quickly, blood rushing to my head and knocking me back down onto the chair. After i regained my vision i stood back up, slower this time and turned around to see the rest of the boys stirring awake.

"Alright boys. We're gonna have a good day." Ukai said, clapping his hands together.

Hinata sprung out of his seat, "Yeah!!" He cheered with his fist in the air.

"Shoyo's got the spirit!" Tanaka said, copying the younger boy.

I got off the bus and stretched my arms and legs. after falling asleep on the bus my body was feeling a little sore. The rest of the guys finally got up and off the bus with their bags and gathered right outside the doors. We did a quick warm up after Kiyoko arrived to get our blood pumping right before the game started.

"I wanted to say something before i had to leave to stay in the stands." I said, stopping the guys, "I know Seijo is a formidable opponent..." I said, watching the guys turn their attention to me, "and that their setter is really good at getting under some your guys' skin. some much better than others." I glanced at Kageyama who was scowling at the thought of Oikawa," But it's important to keep a level head during our match with them. Rely on your teammates and stay focused." A blush rose to my cheeks as i tried to find a way to finish my sentiment, "...And do your best!" I rose both of my fists in encouragement.

The bus exploded with cheering from the loud three and general agreements from the rest of the team. Ennoshita gave me a thumbs up for my speech and with that i hopped off the bus.

As soon as the dogs got off the bus i was tackled in a hug, knocking some of the air out of me.

"You care so much for the team!" Noya said, with tears welling in his eyes.

"I can't believe BOTH of our managers love us so much!" Tanaka said, actually crying.

"Boys!" I hear someone yell and their bodies get ripped away by my father, who had grasped a handful of their jackets and pulled as hard as he could when he saw the boys hugging me.

"Stay off of her. Focus on your game." My dad gave me a once over, making sure he didn't hurt me in the collateral.

I gave a tight smile and watched as he walked off. Once he was out of earshot Tanaka turned to me with an exasperated look and said, "Man, I can't get anything past your dad."

I laughed, "That's coach to you." I helped as the boys took out the boxes from the storage on the bus. As I was very slowly pulling a cooler and carrying a backpack into the gym I caught Kiyoko walking up to me from my side.

She gave me a smile and extended a hand to the cooler, "Need some help?"

I shook my head and took off the backpack for her to bring in, "I mean, clearly I'm doing great."

"Right..." she said and let a puff of air out as the backpack fell on her shoulders.

"They're both pretty heavy but this cooler is almost immobile. Even without the weight that one wheel gets caught and makes me have to stop." A sigh of aggravation left my lips as it got stuck again.

By the time me and Kiyoko manage to get everything in Seijo has already started practicing and the roar from their fans was overwhelming. A shiver ran down my spine from seeing a crowd so big for boys high school volleyball. The women's volleyball wasn't even that popular back in Tokyo.

I heard a familiar voice calling out mistakes to his teammates and my eyes were brought down to him. I stopped walking just as he glanced over and set the ball to Iwa. A perfect set and he was distracted. I tore my eyes away as he smirked, feeling frustrated and scared.

"I'll see you guys after the game." I said to the team and my dad.

"Cheer loud for us Sakai." Sugawara grinned and i nodded, "I'll be the loudest voice in the place."

As i was walking up the staircase i heard the whistle blow and started speed waking to my seat so i wouldn't miss anything. I picked Daichi's mom out, who was sitting next to a woman who had clearly dyed her hair a lighter brown.

"Hello." I bowed to the woman sitting next to Ms. Sawamura and she bowed back.

"You must be the second year manager, Sakai?" She said with a kind smile, "I'm Asahi's Sister, please call me Cherry."

My eyes widened at the english name but i nodded, "It's nice to meet you cherry."

"Isn't the name so cute? I chose it because it can shorten to Cher." her smile widened.

"It's very unique! You almost sound like a pop star." I giggled.

"Ah I wish i was, I just model." She said and let out a dejected sigh,

Hearing this didn't shock me. She was clearly talk, even when she was sitting and very pretty.

"You seem upset about it." Ms. Sawamura said and pat her back lightly.

"It's just boring, I see similar obscure clothes every day, i almost never where what i would actually model."

"I'm sorry to hear that, i hope you get more opportunities in the future." Daichi's mom said, trying to comfort the girl.

"Thank you." Her frown turned into a smile as she looked at me again, "It's nice to finally meet you though, i've heard plenty from Asahi and Ms. Youko here." She said elbowing Ms. Sawamura.

"Oh stop." She rolled her eyes and turned to me, "I was just telling her how nice you are and how it was easy to chat with you."

As the captains mom finished her sentence the whistle blew again and i looked at the two teams on opposite sides of the courts. The ref was instructing the captains as their teammates stood behind them.

The tension was palpable as the teams stared each other down. I gulped, worried about how this would end.

07/14/21
unedited
wc: 1819
A/n lol hi