|| 026|| Back At Home 💀🐔🐙🔱🔎 O/F

Start from the beginning

Gura and Kiara had offered to go get some snacks from the nearest KFP while you and Calli waited, minding what luggage you had brought with you. You had to admit, after such a long flight, you were quite hungry and there was no way in hell you were eating whatever the 'food' on the planes consisted of.

Checking your phone, you realised the time your next flight would leave was at least two hours ago. You sighed. 'Airports are boring... At least I can still enjoy Ina and Gura getting all excited when we see a toy store' You felt a smirk remembering the first time they saw a store filled to the brim with plush cats, dogs and even a few sea creatures. It took the combined strength of you, Kiara and Calli to pry the both of them away so you could get your bags in time.

Your attention was torn away when you saw Ina walk out, supporting a nauseated Amelia. You could see Calli visibly flinch from your peripheral at the state of the detective. The reaper always seemed more sensitive towards the emotions and states of her partners.

"You doing ok, Watson?" Calli asked tentatively. Amelia flashed her a wide smile, still leaning against Ina.

"I need to brush my teeth and have something to drink, but I should be fine" Leave it to Amelia to Try and fake her way through the bitterness she was feeling.

"Oh! I think I might actually have a toothbrush in my bag... I don't think I have any toothpaste, though" You piped up, shoving your phone securely back into your pocket. At your words, the nubs on Ina's head perked up.

"I think I might have some toothpaste. Ame, you wanna go brush your teeth?" Amelia nodded, gratefully taking the tube of toothpaste and the toothbrush from you. Amelia quickly dashed back into the bathroom, leaving you, Ina and Calli to wait for Kiara and Gura. Ina just shook her head fondly at the detective's retreating form, while Calli's gaze focussed on two approaching people.

You almost jumped out of your skin when you felt Gura wrap an arm around you, a tray of food in the other. She gave you a sharp grin and a quick kiss on the cheek, offering you a large packet of fries. Meanwhile, Kiara was snuggled right up to Calli, who was sharing a thick shake with the phoenix. Ina just nibbled on some nuggets, holding Amelia's food.

"Hey! Did you guys start eating without me?!" You heard Amelia shout from inside the bathroom, her voice slightly muffled from the toothpaste. A few people turned their heads to look towards the yelling, but otherwise ignored Amelia's yelling.

A few seconds later, Amelia came out from the bathroom, a few bits of toothpaste still stuck to the corners of her mouth. She obviously rushed brushing her teeth as soon as she knew the food was here.

With delicate precision, Ina managed to grab a napkin in one hand while balancing everything in the other hand, not allowed to use her tentacles in public. With a few swift but gentle movements, she wiped the remaining toothpaste off Amelia's lips. The detective made a few embarrassed grumbling noises as she grabbed her Yagoo Burger, taking a few big bites out of it.

"We should probably find somewhere to sit down" You said after finishing a few more fries. Gura nodded and Kiara was too caught up in Calli having a not tsundereaper moment. It was a rather adorable sight, watching the two huddled up to each other, both drinking the same shake from two different straws. Both Ina and Amelia nodded and Calli made a noise of agreement.

You all made delightful small talk as you made your way closer to the terminal where your next flight would be leaving from.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

You were jolted awake as the rental car suddenly came to a stop, parked in the driveway of what you assumed was Watson's childhood home. Next to you, Gura was still asleep, drooling on your shoulder with the occasional giggle. Pressed on your other side was a half awake Ina, rubbing her eyes tiredly, her squishy hair brushing softly against your cheek.