Chapter 8 - Headache

Trunks sat next to Goten in the lecture hall. He let his head hang on his hands. A grunt came out of his mouth. "What's wrong with you?" asked Goten in surprise. "I never drink again "whispered Trunks. "Do you have a hangover? How that?" Trunks looked at his comrade.

Another groan, Trunks rubbed his face. "Yesterday I went to find Hana, she was in a biker bar. We drank beer together." Surprised and happy, Goten looked up. "And did you make a move?" he poked. Trunks got a victory smile. "Well, tell!" began Goten.

"Gentlemen, will you be quiet" and elderly man at the front of the lecture hall looked at the boys strictly. "Yes profesor Otaku" the boys said simultaneously, .

An hour later, the boring lecture was over. The boys walked out into the hallway. "Tell me now" nagged Goten. Trunks put his hands on his neck. "Let me put it this way Goten. Her lips are soft, but the night was not so tender". Goten's jaw dropped open.

With a victorious smile, Trunks walked on. Out of his bag he took an aspirin and swallowed it down with a gulp of water. "But when I woke up, she was gone. But it was also weird that my parents might have seen her". Goten continued to look at his friend sheepishly.

At the same time at the Briefs house, Hana was busy in the gravity room. She was doing fighting exercises with a droid. Vegeta walked in. "You were home late last night" he spoke. "I had to blow off some steam your highness" Hana didn't stop training. "And you take my son with you in your whole blowing off steam" he too lashed out at a droid.

"He came to companion me, voluntarily" still she fought the droid. "No problems were caused?" asked Vegeta. Hana stopped and looked at her teacher angrily. "We were at a bar, that's all I'm telling" she walked away to take a sip of water. "Good, I don't want to know more anyway."

Hana thought, she still had a soft pounding feeling in her head. Yesterday she had let her guard down. Trunks was getting too close, one of them would get hurt because of this. He was the prince his son. She was a bounty hunter. This must not happen again.

"And tell, is your steam gone or do you want to practice another round" And with that Hana attacked Vegeta. She was angry at big Red, angry at what she had done but most of all she was angry at herself.

On the other side of the company was Bulma in her lab. Slowly she got the little pieces in place. The device looked like Hana's receiver. She had that beside it with the hood open. That way she could get a look at how the technology was ticking.

Suddenly she saw a place for two chips, but she only had one. In the receiver there was such a similar chip. Bulma placed the two together in the transmitter. They were such small pieces. Some must she replaced or welded because they had been squeezed into pieces.

Bulma sighed; I'm getting a headache from this thing. But then a green light started blinking. Slowly Bulma pressed a button on the side. Crackling a voice came from the device "Mieta stop, wait, *crackle crackle* earth *crackle* Mieta no *crackle* son?" And the message had stopped. She's going to be working on this for a while.

It was time for dinner, Trunks walked into the dining room. Hana didn't look at him. She stared after a glass of milk in front of her. Bulla came to sit next to Hana "What is wrong? Are you not feeling well Hana?" the little girl looked at her friend. Hana put her hand on Bulla's head and smiled " I will be fine little one".

Bulma came in "Oh Hana you are already there perfectly. I'm putting that transmitter together, but I think it was also able to receive. After all, there was a message on it, addressed to Mieta. I couldn't listen to it. A few words came through. I have to do some welding and then I think it will work perfectly again". Hana looked at Bulma with a surprised wide-eyed expression.

"See and that is why I love my wife. There's nothing she can't make" Vegeta looked proud. Silently, Hana got up and walked away, not having touched her food. Everyone looked after her in surprise. "Son, did something happen that she doesn't want to tell. She's been upset all day". Trunks shook no and shrugged but did get a little warm when he thought back.

After eating, Trunks walked out onto the balcony and saw Hana sitting there. Her knees rose with her arms around them. Her chin rested on her knees. She stared at the stars; it was dark early. "A penny for your thoughts" Trunks sat down next to her. She didn't look at him.

"Was I that bad?" Trunks tried to use self-mockery to lighten the mood. Hana laughed weakly and took a deep sigh. She looked at him "That from yesterday, it must not happen again. I'll break your heart if we continue. I am a low class bounty hunter. You are the son of our highness". Trunks looked at her worriedly "do you think that matters to me. And besides, as long as you are here you are not a bounty hunter and a status should never have value. You and I are the same. Two young people."

"But that's the problem, I can't stay. I have to keep moving. Keep the eyes on me and no one will find the camp. They must not find mother and the children." With that, Hana got up and walked to the edge of the balcony. She jumped off. Trunks was left alone.

"Oh Trunks, I thought Hana was here" Bulma stood in the door opening. "She just left" Trunks said softly. "Everything ok?" asked Bulma but Trunks shook his head. "She wants to leave. She thinks its better. I don't understand her; she talks like she has to take all the responsibility." Trunks clenched his fists. Bulma sighed. "I think there are a lot we don't know yet son.

Bulma walked back into her lab. She continued with the device. With a tiny screwdriver, she poked around between chips and gears. The message began to play again, now clear "Mieta stop, wait what do you mean you are on earth? Let me talk to Hana, what's going on. Is my son with the prince. Mieta no, don't do anything ok. Let me talk to Raditz or is also Kakarot there my other son?" A loud noise followed on the back ground and the message ended. She must share this.