39

silence filled the dorm room. apart from the occasional sniffles and growls of his stomach, minho's dorm room felt as empty and lonely as he was.

he sighed, pushing himself out of bed with the little energy he had left. he picked up the plastic bag from the dining table and sat himself down, taking out a can of beer and opening it, gulping the whole can down in seconds before crushing it with his bare hands.

it had been days since he had last eaten an actual meal apart from alcohol or spoken to anyone. like jisung, he often shut everyone out whenever he'd have these breakdowns, which didn't occur very frequently but when it did, it was bad.

he felt his head spin. he reached for the plastic bag once again and pulled out a bottle of pills, twisting the lid open and popping a healthy dose into his mouth, downing it with yet another gulp of beer.

knocks were heard coming from the outside of his dorm room, but he couldn't hear anything. everything other than the fact that he was going to lose jisung was blocked out, and he felt number the more he thought about it.

outside the door were the trio banging on the door hysterically, crying even. "minho! open the fucking door already!" changbin yelled, tears escaping his eyes.

they were about to lose two of their closest friends and they couldn't even do anything about it. "if you don't open the door we'll fucking kick it down i swear to god and we won't stop till we tear your whole dorm down," felix joined.

"excuse me."

the trio turned around to face a person dressed in navy blue uniform. "could you stop yelling? it's 3 in the morning and the other students are trying to sleep."

they bowed, flustered. "sorry."

a sleepy hyunjin walked over, not having been sleeping at his own shared dorm room with minho due to being caught up with dance practice, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "what's going on?" he questioned.

"something's up with minho and he won't open the door," chan answered, sighing.

his eyes widened. "what?! oh no we are not going to sit through his strictly only alcohol consumption period again," he stomped towards the door and knocked on it loudly.

"if you don't fucking open the door on three i swear to god lee minho i will– no you know what? just open the door you ass and don't be stubborn! your health matters more and we care about you so please just tell us what's going on and we'll try to help you," he whisper-shouted, receiving shocked looks from chan, changbin and felix.

but still, nothing happened.

"guys, i think we should just go to bed first. we'll try to get him to open the door later. you should get some rest," chan spoke.

"we can't leave him–" felix tried to convince the elder aussie, but he simply shook his head. "it's okay, i'll be here in case anything happens. go get some rest okay?"

the three sighed, nodding in dismay before walking away.

"minho, it's chan. talk to me. please?"