Chapter 6 - Temporary Shelter

Soon we were out in the desert. After getting my memories back, I knew it wasn't safe to be exposed out here and so I tried to find some place we can stay.
"Cara! Wait up!!" Someone shouted. I looked back and saw that I was quite a few feet away from most of the group. But we can't be out here for longer so I ignored their calls and continued searching.
Soon, I came upon what seemed like the top of a building buried in the sand. And so I quickly tried to find an entrance. Teresa soon came up behind me and helped look for a way inside.

"Here!!! Quick!!" Eventually I was able to push in one of the glass panes. I looked around and saw that it was quite a steep decline.
I went in first and slid down the pile of rubble inside the building. Teresa came next and I helped her up. Thomas followed and the others came after him.
"Hey, don't stray like that." Newt hugged me tightly. I felt like I hadn't seen him in such a long time.
"Sorry. I missed you, Newt." I cherished his sweet scent as we held each other.
"No, I'm sorry. I should've gotten you sooner love." He said as he kissed the top of my head.
"Where the hell are we?" Minho muttered as he looked around.
"We gotta go." Thomas said in his usual urgent fashion.
"No. Thomas, stop!" Newt told him.
"We gotta keep moving." Thomas said.
"Thomas is right," I agreed.
"Tell me what's going on first." Newt ordered Thomas.
"It's WICKED. It's WICKED. They lied to us. We never escaped. Me and Aris, we found bodies. Too many to count." Utters of disbelief and shock from the group.
"What do you mean? Dead bodies?" Newt said, his voice now laced with confusion.
"No, but they weren't alive either. They had them strung up. With tubes coming out of them. They were being drained."
"There's something inside of us that WICKED wants. Something in our blood. So we have to get as far away from them as possible." Thomas further said with the new guy whom I presumed to be Aris nodding in agreement.
This was followed by silence as everyone was trying to take in what Thomas just said. Meanwhile, Teresa and I know exactly what he's going on about. I gave her a quick glance.
"Okay. So, what's the plan?" Newt said as he scratched his head.
"You do have a plan, right?" Newt asked again when Thomas didn't answer.
"Yeah. I don't know. Well, we followed you out here, Thomas...and now you're saying that you have no idea where we're going...or what we're doing." I rubbed Newt's back I sensed his growing frustration.
"Wait. Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. Some kind of resistance or army."
The Right Arm.
"The Right Arm." Why is that so familiar to me? But whatever that is, it wasn't a part of my memories.
"If they're really against WICKED, maybe they can help us." Thomas told the group.
"People. In the mountains. Mountain people. That's your plan?" Newt said, his frustration now evident in his features.
"It's the only chance we've got." Thomas shrugged.
"Hey guys? Check this out." Minho called to us as he shone a flashlight on our surroundings.
"Someone's been living down here." I muttered with fear inching up my senses.
"Where are they now?" Memories came flooding back to me again. And I get a sick feeling in my stomach hoping its not what I think it is.