Chapter 4 - This Isn't Exactly Heaven

THIRD PERSON POV

"What the hell was that about? You didn't really think they were just gonna let you through?" Newt wiped his forehead in exasperation after Thomas caused a scene in the cafeteria.
"Nah, of course I didn't. I'm gonna find out
what's on the other side of that door." Everyone watched in disbelief as Thomas revealed an ID from his pocket.
"Right." Newt shook his head.
"Newt, they're hiding something. Okay? These people are not who they say they are." Thomas argued.
"No, Thomas, you don't know that! The only thing that we do know is that they helped rescue us from WICKED. They gave us new clothes. They gave us food. They gave us a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that in a long time." Newt said almost in anger. These past few days haven't been easy for the poor boy. Having not seen Cara and having lost some of his friends. And now Thomas is making it worse.
"Yeah, but..." Thomas tried to argue.
"Some of us a lot longer than others." Newt said pointedly.
"Aren't you wondering where they took Cara, Newt? And Teresa? Don't you think it's quite sketchy that we haven't seen them for two days?" Thomas tried to explain.
"Don't you think I'm worried? I am too! This is the longest I haven't seen her for shucks sake! But for all we know they might be sleeping soundly, getting good food, or being treated with medicine! Things she didn't get in the maze, Tommy! Good things Cara deserves! And if you're trying to ruin this for her, for all of us- this chance to start over and have a better life, I won't allow it!" All the other guys nodded in agreement with Newt.
"This isn't the maze anymore, Thomas." Minho added.
"Hey, Thomas." The covering of a vent popped up from beneath one of the bunks and a young boy emerged.
"What the..." The group almost said in unison.
"You got it, didn't you?" The boy directed the question at Thomas. Everybody was wondering who this guy was.
"Yeah. Let's go." Thomas replied without missing a beat.
"All right, look, maybe you guys are right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. But I got to find out for sure. Just cover for me. I'll be back as soon as I can." Thomas said before quickly going into the vent with the mystery boy.

" Thomas said before quickly going into the vent with the mystery boy

"Bloody hell." Newt muttered as he tightly clutched the metal rails of a bunk bed.
"I'm worried too, Newt. I'll go look for her." Minho grasped the boy's shoulder before proceeding to tighten his shoe laces.
"Where?" Newt crossed his arms.
"I don't know, I'll go the same way Thomas went." Minho shrugged.
"I'll come with." Newt sighed.
"Woa-woa-woah guys! Can we just all chill for a sec?" Frypan stopped them before they went.
"Why don't we just wait for Thomas to get back before we all look for Cara?" He proposed.
Newt seemed to consider this for a brief second before agreeing.
"Ayt. There's no way Fry and Winston's gonna be able to cover up for all three of us," Newt said defeatedly before sitting on a lower bunk.
"Cara's a fighhter, Newt. I'm pretty sure she's doing fine." Winston told him before lying down in his own bunk bed.
Minho sat beside Newt and shared a few moments of silence. Cara was also dear to her, he's always treated her as his little sister.
"I'm never gonna forgive myself if something bad happ-"
"Nothing bad is gonna happen to her, okay? I swear on my life." Minho told Newt in a reassuring tone.