"...strong", I finished, showing him a smile that I could muster. The pain in my heart grew when I thought about my weak self. Only if I could be a lot stronger, maybe I...

"You're wrong, (Y/N)-san. I am not strong by myself. Because everyone here in Aotake, I could run again. And, you're not weak at all. Rather, I'm impressed of you to be able to keep on smiling when you lose your spark. We are strong because everyone supports us. The same goes for you, right?", Haiji said gently, placing a hand on my head. His warm hand felt so reassuring. The pain in my heart went away in an instant. Instead, a wave of nostalgic feelings hit me. Those warm and comfortable hands that I longed to feel since my parents were gone. He gave it to me again. Ahh... this is no good, I can't hold it in any longer...

Droplets of water fell down to the ground, leaving the stain on the carpet. The tears that flow out of my wide eyes trail down my cheeks. All my effort to contain the tears break in a second. How long has it been since I last cried? Ahh, that's right. I always put up a strong front to hide my weak side. Ever since that fateful summer day. Is it okay for me to cry? No, I shouldn't cry when it is Haiji-san that feels the pain. I must hold it-

"It's fine, cry when you want to (Y/N)-san", he said while caressing my head gently, shifting closer to me. I was about to give in to his kind voice and cried my heart out when I realized something is wrong. Shaking my head in denial, I lift his hand away from my head.

"No, I won't cry anymore because...", I trailed off while wiping my tears. I turn around with furrowed eyebrows. "You have been drinking and it sounds weird to suddenly hear that coming from you Haiji-san! I don't like it when people comfort me in a drunken state, it feels like... the kindness is from the alcohol!", I declared as my finger pointed at the can of beers in his other hands. He looks at me with wide eyes as I continue rambling on.

"At the first place, I wanted to take that beer from you but when thinking that it might help you calm down as you were telling me about your past, I decided to just keep quiet. But it turns out I got carried away and showed my weakness, there's no way I'm going to keep on crying!", by the time I realized it, I was already standing up and huffing after all the rambling. Haiji blinked for a second before bursting out a laugh. I could feel my cheeks heating up in embarrassment of saying too much in someone's house.

"S-sorry for rambling too much... I'll close the window, you should always keep warm right?", I quickly closed the window and fixed the curtain.

"As I thought, I'm glad that we met. We wouldn't be able to go this far without your support. Of course, Hana-chan and the others too. But, I am more glad that you can cry in front of me", he smiles with closed eyes, tilting his head to the side. I lost for words as my heart was pumping faster.

"D-don't say such thing with that face, it feels weird...", I mumbled, clutching my shirt.

"Hm? Did you say anything?", Haiji asked, catching me mumbling.

"No, nothing. Anyway, the important thing is you must go see the doctor as soon as possible. We must make sure your leg is fine", I said, sitting down opposite of Haiji after regaining my composure.

"Yeah, I planned to go next week. Thanks for your concern", he nodded, taking another gulp from the can.

"It's nothing, I just want to make sure everyone is well. Just remember no to push yourself too hard", I advised then standing up, ready to take my leave.

"Are you going home already? You don't even take a drink yet", he refers to the untouched drink he offered. My eyebrows twitch in annoyance.

"I said already that I can't drink beer because I need to drive later... Why do you even ask the same thing again?", I growled lowly to control my anger. He only keep on grinning innocently with his red cheek. A sigh escapes my lips as I shake my head. "I'll take my leave now. Thanks for having me. Oh, let me know what the doctor says too. See you, Haiji-san", I nodded one last time before exiting his room.