24

waking up in clays arms had become something the girl had grown used to, so when she woke up to an empty space beside her she was confused. the boy wasn't in the apartment, when she woke up at around 11.

she tried to call him but it went straight to voicemail. she sighed and went to make herself breakfast, cooking some pancakes and saving some for clay, she cuddled patches on the sofa whilst watching a show on netflix. she scrolled through social media, replied to a few emails from her management and spoke to a few friends. opening clays contact, she saw he still hadn't responded or even seen the messages asking where he was.

he came home half an hour later, clearly in a bad mood. he barely spoke a word to the girl, not eating the pancakes she had cooked him, or even saying hello to patches. the girl could tell he was in a bad mood from the tone of his voice when he said 'hello'. he walked off into his office, leaving the girl on the sofa, confused and worried.

she didn't want to push him by asking what's wrong, so she pushed her worries aside and kept quiet. instead, she got dressed and ready for her day with the intent of going out to take some photos for instagram. she planned on filming a youtube video but she thought against it, it probably wasn't the best idea considering clays mood.

after getting dressed and ready to go out, she quietly knocked on the door of clays office.

"what?" his voice was tired, and sounded almost angry.

she walked in, seeing the boy in his chair at his computer, his head leaning on the desk.

"i was going to go out on a walk to take some photos for instagram? do you want to come with me?" the girl asked, a small smile on her face that the boy couldn't even see because of his head in his hands. he turned around to face the girl, and let out a heavy sigh.

"are you incapable of going on your own?" he spat, the annoyed look on his face fading as he realised he sounded like an ass.

angel was hurt, what had she done? was this what life was going to be like now living with him? she was confused and upset but she bit her tongue, not wanting to say anything too mean that would worsen the situation.

"well consider yourself uninvited then." she rolled her eyes, before walking out, ignoring the boy who groaned loudly in annoyance behind her.

she didn't mind being alone, but the boys moody behaviour and unnecessarily bitching at her but the girl in a bad mood. her thoughts inevitably got carried away with the 'what ifs', but she tired to remain calm. until she knew why he was being the way he was, she couldn't judge whether he was overreacting or not.

it was difficult however trying to take pictures by herself. a brunette girl walking past noticed her struggle, and wondered over to her.

"hey, are you trying to take pictures? i can help if you need it, i'm a photography school graduate with a free afternoon," the girl asked her, with a small laugh.

"that would be so helpful, is it that obvious i'm struggling?" angel laughed and the girl nods her head slightly.

"a bit, i'm sage by the way." she smiled.

"i'm angel, i have a feeling you and i could be great friends sage."

"i was thinking the exact same thing."

—————

the girls spent the day together, and they did in fact become good friends. angel insisted on buying them lunch as a thank you for her help, which sage happily accepted, who turns down free food? angel learned that sage also had a following on instagram too, so she helped take her photos to share with her 50,000 followers.