13

waking up on christmas morning gets more boring as you get older. when you're a child, you wake up excited to see what toys santa brought you, but angel found she lost that excitement as she got older. however no matter how much older she got she always looked forward to her dads christmas day breakfast.

this year was no different, she woke up, and almost ran downstairs, excited to eat the typical feast her dad made. it typically consisted of fried eggs, bacon, toast, and sausages, whilst her mum used to cook pancakes.

she was happy to see her dad cooking in the kitchen, her step mum susan was sat at the island, cradling the baby in her arms.

"happy christmas angel!" susan cheered, smiling at the girl widely.

"merry christmas guys," angel grinned widely, hugging susan who offered the baby to her. she took fletcher in her arms, and cooed at how adorable he was.

"happy christmas love." her dad hugged her, careful not to squish the baby. the girl sat down beside susan, playing with the baby as the two adults discussed the plans for the day.

"we're going to my parents later," susan explained, "we can go after everyone's ready, and take presents there, they'll want to take family photos, it's a tradition for our family and they're so excited you'll be part of the tradition this year!" the older woman gushed.

"sounds good to me, what's the dress code? how fancy are we talking?" the girl asked.

"somewhere in between, not overly fancy but not casual."

this didn't surprise angel, susan's family seemed very posh at the wedding. her dad didn't stop talking about their family's history with them
all attending oxford universities, and how everyone had high paying careers.

angels phone started to ring, a facetime call from will. she was excited to talk to her best friend, she missed him lots despite having seen him a few days ago.

"oh it's will, tell him i said happy christmas!" her dad said happily.

"you can tell him yourself," she told her dad and picked up the call, leaning her phone up against a carton of juice.

"angel! merry christmas sweetheart!" her best friend shouted, but covered his mouth when he saw the almost sleeping baby in her arms, "merry christmas to you too small child." he whispered, making the girl laugh.

"merry christmas to you too will." the girl smiled, the baby looked up at her, now wide awake. she moved fletcher so he was facing the camera, waving his hand, "merry christmas will," she put on a silly voice, imitating the child.

"aw, he's adorable, i want to meet him!" he said in awe of the cute baby, "y'know i've been home for two days and mum can't stop asking about you, you'll have to call her later, please it's doing my head in."

the girl laughed, "i will, i promise, guys, come say happy christmas to will." she ushered to her dad and step
mum. they walked into camera shot, saying merry christmas to the brunette boy, they spoke a bit more before angel hung up on her friend and went to get ready.

she decided to wear a red sweatshirt and white collared shirt, with a grey checkered skirt and some tights and some black heals. she curled her light hair, and applied some natural but glamorous makeup.

the girl took some photos for instagram, and posted one of her outfit, smiling seeing her friends comment. she wanted to message clay but knew he would be asleep, he was up late last night and she didn't want to wake him.

they are breakfast, which angel thoroughly enjoyed, nothing beats breakfast on christmas morning. then they left for susans parents house, where the rest of her family would also be. she knew the family was pretty big, she'd met most of them at the wedding and luckily got along well with them but hadn't seen most of them since.