22

clay and angel spent months going back and forth between the two countries, taking it turns to visit each other. it worked for a while, but it got tiring for both of them, they didn't like being apart, which meant they spent lots of time and money on planes, and it was getting exhausting for the both of them.

clay had considered asking the girl to move in with her for a while, they'd been dating for almost 7 months, and they both knew that they loved each other so neither saw it as a bad idea. angel had finished her uni degree, and had nothing specifically tying her to england.

she had her friends there, obviously, but she could easily visit them still. it would be weird for the girl to not see will as often, she saw him almost every day for the majority of her life so not having him around would definitely be difficult.

although he didn't voice the thoughts to angel, will wasn't sure about the idea of her moving. he knew clay was genuine about his feelings, and he knew angel was too, but he had a really bad feeling about the idea. he was a smart guy, and he had voiced the opinions to tubbo and tommy, who were both too young to really know what he was on about, neither ever being truly in love, but they agreed with their older wiser friend anyways.

collectively, they decided not to tell angel, they had no reason to feel the way they did, and so they kept quiet, not wanting to ruin the girls excitement about the situation. will blamed it on his over protective brotherly nature, he just didn't want anything bad to happen to the girl.

angel on the other hand, was thrilled. she didn't have to worry about when she would next have to see clay, there would be no more sad airport trips for the pair, and they could be together. the girl loved clay, with all her heart she would do anything for the boy. she had packed up her entire life, her apartment empty except for a couple of brown cardboard boxes.

she spent her last day in england with wilbur, the pair reminisced about their favourite moments in brighton, throughout their friendship. it was the end of an era for them, and it broke angels heart that she was leaving him, although the boy had reassured her many times that he wanted her to be happy, and moving with clay would make her happy. they spent the day enjoying each other's company, happily talking and laughing the entire day, before will had to take her to the airport and say goodbye.

"i'm gonna miss you, ang." he told the girl, hugging her.

"i'm gonna miss you too will," the girl said, and tears began to fall from her eyes. the boys heart broke seeing the girl sad, and tears began to spill from his eyes too.

"i'm proud of you, y'know," he told the girl, who smiled up at him through the messy tears.

"thank you will, i just really wish i didn't have to leave you." she cried.

"ang, you need to go. if you don't, you'll regret it. he's your soulmate, you don't get that chance very often, you'd be stupid not to go," he advised her, "it's like your mum used to tell us, you don't find love, it finds you, fate always finds a way. love found you, and now you have clay, you need to chase this dream angel." he told, adding a small, "no pun intended," which made the girl laugh.

the girl wiped her tears, will repeating her mums words of advice giving her a confidence boost, "you're right. thank you will, i love you."

"i love you too ang, now go, before you miss your flight."

the feeling in wills gut came back as he watched the girl walk away from him. he didn't know what, but something bad was definitely going to happen. he wanted his best friend to he happy, and he wasn't going to stop that from happening, so he just had to hope his gut feeling was wrong, and be there to pick up the pieces if it's not.

little did he know, if he listened to that gut feeling, it couldn't prevented one of the worst things to ever happen in angels life.

-
-

a/n: shorter chapter, but just some context type stuff ig idk tbh i don't even know what context means lol