Sports Festival

Začít od začátku

Now, what should I tell her?

"Ano... I haven't seen you in the school lately, thought you were sick so, yeah. You... You look fine so I guess I will take my leave-" he noticed Bridgette's smile on him looks more like she's amused than confused. She looked at the paper bag that he's carrying, then looked back at him.

"Would you like to have some tea," she invited. "Seiran?"

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

Oh my God! Had I known that he'd be here...

Bridgette got herself some trouble entering her door's passcode after a brief persuasion for him to have a tea with her. She hadn't expected Seiran, never at all, like it is nearly impossible for him to go all the way her house just to see her. Yet she smiled at the thought that he's here with her.

"Come in."

"Ojamashimasu."

She could see Seiran's surprise when they entered her flat. Not only that it was quite spacious for a single teenager to reside in, he could also see the elite glamour in her designing sense. Bridgette noticed him looking at her piano. She had asked Misaki to bring her piano in her flat and hire a professional interior designer to put things in place.

"I thought you no longer play the piano?" Seiran asked, walking slowly towards the musical instrument. "Well, just seeing it helps me release my tension. Feel free to play with it while I make the tea."

Seiran held her arm and put the bag of Ladurée macarons on her hands. "Uhm, it goes well with tea, right?" he shyly said to Bridgette. She smiled at him and mouthed 'yeah'.

"You like any tea in particular?" she asked Seiran who's now opening the lid of her piano.

"Anything will do."

★☆★☆★

Seiran played Liszt's Liebestraum no. 2, famous by the name Dreams of Love. For some reason, he felt like playing that song as if her piano is drawing him to play something as romantic as that particular piece.

Touching the piano keys had made Seiran forget about the time, place, and everyone around him. He just went back to reality when he heard Bridgette's applause. She's sitting by the lounging chair next to the piano and motioned for him to sit down.

"I always love Liszt. He's my hero," she said as she pour tea in his cup. She picked a purple coloured macaron and munched on it. Seiran smiled.

"You like that colour?"

"Are you kidding me? I love it!" Bridgette answered. Seiran's face generated heat; purple was his favourite colour, too. He curiously looked at her. "Your piano is in perfect tune..."

It seems that Bridgette had already got his point. She smiled at him with a tinge of bitterness in it. "I play it whenever I'm confused. And that is why it is here right now." Seiran studied her face. She was very like him- they both have the piano as their last resort whenever insanity is taking over of them.

His gaze followed her as she went to the instrument. She caressed its lid and smiled as she touched a key. Bridgette began playing a familiar piece that seems to emanate her feelings. Seiran could feel the sadness in her music, and he tried his best not to go and hold her in his arms.

"What song was that?" he asked when she finished playing the song. Bridgette beamed at him, like all her sorrows ended along with the song.

"Love Me."

☆★☆★☆

Everyone is fired up on the sports festival for this year. They have different sports events like baseball, tennis, basketball, football, and some parlour games. Bridgette and Emi cheered for Aimi who joined badminton as she can't play the club that she's into.

"Atsui!" Aimi complained as she sat under the tree shade near the oval track. She's eating sandwiches with Bridgette and Emi while they watched the baton relay. Ren and Shuu were tricked by Touya chan to play in it, and it seems that the duo's on the winning side.

Emi noticed the bloom in Bridgette's face. She had been grumpy these past few days with Ren pestering her to be his girl, making her wonder if something pleasant happened.

"Maybe I'm just having a euneirophrenia episode," she answered with a blithe look on her face when asked if anything good did happened.

"A what?"

"Euneirophrenia, waking up in a good mood because of a pleasant dream."

Emi and Aimi exchanged looks. Something pleasant happened that's more than just a dream, the two girls thought in sync. Bridgette stood and walked towards the registration booth. "Hey, you gonna play?" Aimi asked.

"Yeah, I'm in a mood for a game."

★☆★☆★

Bridgette signed up for the three-legged race. She ignored ball rolling and ball tossing thinking it will be much fun to play with somebody. She returned to her place and found Ren, Shuu, Aki, and Seiran sitting with the girls.

"What game are you in?" Emi asked as she took a seat. She tried her best to ignore Seiran, who seems to be looking at Emi. "Three-legged race. It'll be starting in a few minutes," she said. "I need a partner."

"Should I call him to the rescue?♡" Aimi winked at her as she picked up her mobile phone. Bridgette glared at her. "No, not that kind of partner. Thank you so much."

"Bridgette chan, I can be your partner!" Ren volunteered, of which Aki immediately opposed. "You can only join a game once, so you can no longer play. Bridgette?"

"Kitanai! Student Council officers are not allowed to play, too, remember, Tachibana KAICHOU." Ren said in a comeback, emphasizing Aki as the head of the Student Council. Aki scowled at him, which made Ren laugh.

Bridgette glanced at her watch. It reads 2:25 in the afternoon, and it's five minutes away before the game starts.

"Shikataganai..." Everyone was surprised when she grabbed Seiran's hand.

"What?!" he sneered at her. "Masaka..."

"You'll enter the contest with me."

"Ha?! Why don't you just-"

"They're no good." Bridgette said like she had read his mind. "Can't you just be grateful that I had chosen you for my partner?" She said with her face real red, her green eyes burning him.

"Ah mou!" Seiran finally gave up on arguing with her. "Let's go." Bridgette said, pulling Seiran as she went to the tracks, leaving Ren and Aki in chagrin.

The two went down the booth and have their legs tied to each other. Bridgette giggled as she looked at Seiran's leg. "You weren't as skinny as I had imagined."

"And how skinny do you think am I?"

Bridgette pointed at a pole then laughed. Seiran sighed. "Mattaku. Ikuze."

He grabbed Bridgette by her waist and moved her closer to him. This surprised Bridgette, as well as the two jealous guys who were watching afar. She looked at Seiran, grinned, then put her arm around his shoulder.

"When I say left, you walk with your right foot." Seiran instructed to her.

"Ha?"

"That'll be my stepping foot."

"Hey! That is confusing! When you say left, I might step with my left foot!"

And the two argued even while they run on the race. They tumbled twice, and both were deranged on how they will get to the finish line without stumbling along the way.

They ended 3rd place.

"Achaaa! Maketa!" Bridgette happily said to Seiran who just pouted at her. "We could've won if you did your best."

"Is that so?" She mused. Bridgette watched as Seiran removed the bondage from their legs.

"I had so much fun, though."

This is going to be a loooooong day for Bridgette and Seiran, and when I say long, I mean it will extend for a few chapter. And all that happens in one day! so watch out for their 'development' in this story...

Thanks for reading TPR!! *kiss*