We Can Be Heroes

Betty sped down the highway for 10 miles. She pulled over to a rest stop diner & then parked to turn to her friends & talk. 

“What in the hell just happened”, Betty asked? Michelle hadn’t yet explained why Peter did’t come out of the mansion. “MJ, where is Peter”? 

Michelle was still stunned, she was frozen in a place of no emotions. 

“MJ”, Ned asked as he placed his hand on her arm. “What happened to Peter”? 

Michelle had a flashback to what happened & what Peter told her. 

“He snapped”, Michelle said as she went into vivid detail of what happened. 

---

**The flashback was put into perception as if Ned & Betty were quietly watching from the background**

“MJ, I need you to go”, Peter said as he turned back to Kilgrave. He lifted Kilgrave up by his suit & threw him into the wall. 

“Peter”, Michelle yelled! 

Peter ran up & kneed Kilgrave in the stomach. He bent down & grabbed Kilgrave by his collar & repeatedly punched Kilgrave, but he held his strength back. 

“Peter”, Michelle yelled as she ran up to Peter & pulled him away from Kilgrave. Michelle saw the tears streaming down Peter’s face as he suddenly felt the guilt from everything he’s done & the disgust of everything Kilgrave did to him, his shaking breath rapidly increasing until he was hyperventilating. “We need to leave, please”. 

Michelle tried rubbing the tears away from his eyes with her thumb. 

Peter took one last inhale & then he got up, he took Michelle’s hand & started to walk away with her. 

Peter turned around at the doorway & started to close the heavy door, but he was stopped. 

“STOP”, Kilgrave yelled in an aggravated voice. Peter froze. “Get back here”! 

---

“Kilgrave told him to get me, but I shut the door before either of them could get me”, Michelle saidas a tear formed in her eyes. 

“Why’d he do that, Peter isn’t like that”, Betty added. 

“He snapped”, Michelle said as she recalled the other thing Peter said. “Peter told me about what Kilgrave would have Peter do, he made Peter hurt & kill people, how Kilgrave did unspeakable things to him… Kilgrave just ripped his spirit & happiness away day by day, & he went through so much down there, he must have lost his way…”. 

“Oh my god”, Betty said as she covered her mouth. 

Ned's facial expression showed his anger & empathy for Peter. He had an attitude in his voice, “What now”? 

“We have to call the police”, Betty said. 

“We’ve tried that, it doesn’t work”, Michelle said. She had a realization. 

A disappointed feeling fell over the three, so Betty started the car & started driving back to her home. 

Ned noticed the face Michelle made. 

“Betty, can you drive to May’s house, I need to tell her what happened”, Michelle asked in a soft voice as they exited the highway. Betty nodded her head. “Thanks”. 

Betty pulled up to May’s house & parked the car. Michelle jumped out of the car, but Ned followed her. 

“MJ”, Ned asked? “What is that”?