The Nest

"Police falsely accuse citizen Kevin Thompson for attempt of murder, murder, assault & battery, & the murder of Spider-man aka Peter Parker", The woman on the TV said.

Michelle held the remote in her hand & her jaw dropped. Ned was sitting next to her on May's couch.

"That's such bullshit", Michelle expressed. "We have evidence, they didn't even try, what in the hell".

"What did we expect, he can mind control people, he probably told the police to look the other way or to let him go", Ned said.

It was 6:30 in the morning & the early sunrise light beamed in through the window.

"They're not going to be able to arrest him", May said as she sat her mug on the coffee table. "He's going to come back, for me, for both of you, this isn't safe. You guys need to get as far away from this as you can".

Michelle & Ned shared a sad look amongst themselves.

"But", May said, with a dramatic pause following. "I know you two, you're not going to stop looking for Peter & Kilgrave, so... you guys need to be able to defend yourselves against both of them, even Peter".

May held out her hand & gave both Ned & Michelle three darts each.

"Two darts are enough to put him on his knees, three should knock him out cold", May said as her hand retreated back to her. "Just please heave my warning, do not go looking for them, if you do It won't end well, these are only to protect yourselves".

"Then who else is going to find Peter", Michelle asked?

"I'm trying to find a very open private investigator that will be able to do this for us, it's safest if we don't get involved", May said as she stood up from where she was sitting. "If anything else is brung to your attention about Peter, please call, I will inform my PI".

"Will do, May", Ned said as he stood up with Michelle.

"Thank you, & you guys are welcome to stay as long as you want, I can make breakfast", May said as she hugged both Michelle & Ned.

"We'd love to stay, but this is the second time someone has tried to kill me within two weeks, she wants me at home for a while", Michelle explained, she looked down to her bandage wrapped rib cage. "She won't let me leave the house alone, walk home from school alone, or even stay home alone".

"I have to walk her home, but I'll come back tomorrow for dinner", Ned said, tomorrow was Tuesday & they didn't have school so Ned was going to be there all day tomorrow.

The reason they didn't have school was because the 'trauma' they went through, their nurses suggested that Ned & Michelle stayed home for a while to destress before returning to school, so they took the week off.

"Alright, just be safe", May said as she again hugged the both of them.

"We will be", Ned said. They left shortly after & walked down the stairwell.

"Are we really not going to continue to look for him", Michelle asked as they nearly reached the lobby of the apartment complex.

"No, you'd kill me before we do that", Ned laughed as they took the final step off the stairwell.

---

"So can he spend the night, it's only safer if he does", Michelle asked? She was trying to persuade her mother into letting Ned stay the night.

"Yes he can, especially since I have work early in the morning & I don't want you to be alone", Maria said as she stood in the kitchen.

"Thanks mom", Michelle said as she kissed her mother on her cheek & walked to her bedroom.