A New Found Power

Michelle didn't open her eyes, she just hummed to herself & shook her head. She could feel something soft under her head & warm laying over her body.

"MJ", a soft wavy voice said, Michelle couldn't recognize the person's voice, but it was comforting & soothing.

Her head was pounding & her body ached. She slowly opened her eyes & her vision had not yet adapted to the room, her vision was very blurry, but the dim lit room wasn't blinding.

"MJ", Peter asked as Michelle's vision became clear. Michelle saw Peter kneeling over top of her, she closed her fist & punched him in the face. Peter's face slightly shifted as her fist came into contact with his face. "Ow, that hurt".

"Peter", Michelle asked as she sat up & pulled the blanket off of her.

"Yeah", Peter asked as he held his face?

"Peter", Michelle said as she jumped up to her knees & hugged him. "Oh my god, I've missed you so much, I can't believe you're alive, this is amazing".

Michelle felt tears swell in her eyes from the joy she was experiencing. But Michelle just now took in the room, she saw walls made of reinforced steel & with thick bars for small basement windows that let in small amounts of moonlight. The windows were too small for them to crawl through.

"I've missed you so much, MJ, I'm so sorry for everything he made me do, I couldn't fight against it".

"Peter, it's okay, but where are we", Michelle asked as she cupped his face in her hands.

"Hell", Peter said. Peter sat down on the old mattress that they were on.

Michelle sat down as well, she finally saw Ned & Betty laying on a futon.

Michelle didn't waste a second, "Come on, we have to break out of here".

"We can't, I've been trying for three months & every attempt ends in my punishment", Peter said as a look of discomfort came over him. "We can't get out of here".

"Kilgrave", Michelle asked?

"What", Peter asked?

"The Peter I knew was always optimistic about these kinds of things, he wouldn't just give up like this", Michelle said as she jumped off the bed, reached into her pocket, pulled the last tranquilizer dart out, & backed away from Peter. "Get out of his head, let me speak to Peter".

"MJ, it's me", Peter claimed as he got off the bed, but didn't get any closer to her.

"No, no it's not, Peter wouldn't be giving up like this", Michelle said.

"MJ, I've been down here for months, I've had to tourture people, kill others, I've been... I've had my spirit ripped from me & I've just been through so much. MJ, please believe me", Peter said, a sad expression started to come over him as a quiver came over him too.

Michelle let down her guard as she heard that, she put the dart away.

"Peter, why are we alive", Michelle asked as she took a step closer to him. "Kilgrave wanted us dead, so why aren't we".

"You need to understand that Kilgrave can only control a person for ten hours, so after I attacked you, I had to come back here & by then his ten hours were up...", Peter paused. "And when he came into my room that night, I begged him for your lives, though I didn't think he'd listen, but he likes to... express how much he cares for me, so he decided to let you guys live".

"Then why are we here", Michelle asked?

"He has a twisted way of curving his deals, so after he took me over, he told me that you were too big of a threat to keep alive & in the real world", Peter said, a hint of sadness & pain could be heard in his voice. "So now you're imprisoned here too".