Time Goes On

Michelle woke up to her alarm clock, she slammed her hand over the snooze & slowly sat up. She straightened her shirt, ran her fingers through her hair, & rubbed her eyes.

Her vision focused back into her dark room, she looked around slowly before getting up. She walked to her closet & grabbed some clothes to wear: A black pair of jeans with a white t-shirt under her black jacket.

She walked over to her door & looked over at her light switch, she squinted her eyes as he reached her hand over & flicked the light on. The light aggitaked her eyes, but Michelle quickly adjusted.

She opened her door & walked into the living room. She got ready for her day & before leaving for the bus, she brushed her teeth.

She grabbed her backpack & walked down in front of her building & she jumped on the bus. She was one of the first on her bus, besides Ned & two other kids from school.

She opened her phone's gallery.

"Hey, Peter, today is the first day back at school, I can't stop thinking about how today is going to go. It's strange without you here anymore & I just know that it's going to be a long day, I'll stop by after school to visit you", Michelle said aloud, she only whispered though. "My family thinks that I'm obsessing too much every day I come home from visiting you or they'll think I'm going crazy for talking to your picture everyday".

"It is a little strange that you talk to a picture of a dead person", Ned said as he leaned over the bus seats with a frown on his face. "It's been two months & I know you loved him & everything, but you will have to accept that he is really gone eventually".

"What about you", Michelle asked? "Have you"?

"I'm starting to", Ned said, he sat down next to Michelle. "Though it's getting hard when I keep thinking I see his face in a crowd or sometimes he'll show up in my dreams, but I know it's just my head playing games".

"I can't even imagine what May is going through", Michelle said as she tugged her books closer to her chest.

"When was the last time you talked to her", Ned asked?

"The funeral, & I've thought about visiting her, but the longer I hold it off, the more I think it's just awkward", Michelle explained. She didn't want to cry, but there was an aching feeling in her stomach that made her feel nothing less than miserable. "When was the last time you talked to her"?

"I have dinner with her three times a week, I just feel so guilty & I can't bear to leave her alone", Ned exhaled. "And every day I wake up & go into their apartment, there are these two seconds that I forget, I forget that he is really gone & I enjoy that time, then realization kicks in".

"And how do you deal with it", Michelle asks?

"I take a deep breath, tell myself that I can be sad for twenty seconds, & then I accept that he's gone", Ned said.

"And how would I do that last part", Michelle asked?

"Don't try to forget about him, that's rule one. And Rule two, be thankful for the time you had with him & what you have now", Ned counted. The bus pulled into the school's parking lot.

Michelle threw her backpack over her shoulder & said, "I just really miss him, I don't know how today is going to be without him".

"We'll be fine", Ned said.

Everyone swarmed off the buses & went into school. Michelle got her schedule in the cafeteria & a fair share of condolences. People that have never talked to Michelle apologized to her & even Flash came up to her.

Heroes Make Mistakes Tooजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें