The Last Day

Flashing lights burst through the ajar doors, the flashes blinding Peter as he stepped through the doors of the courthouse why hundreds of reports & photographers jumped at the chance for a story.

"Mr. Parker, how does it feel to be a free man", One reporter asked?

"How do you feel about the success of the trial", Another reporter asked?

"Any words for the New York article", One more reporter asked?

"Spider-man, are you going back to saving the city", A reporter said as she pushed a microphone close to Peter's face.

"I'm going to go out & enjoy the rest of my week with family & friends", Peter said with May, Ned, Michelle, & his lawyer by his side. Peter with his family & friends started to walk away from the press, but the press hungered for more information.

"Any word on the case against Mysterio's gang", A reporter asked?

"How are you feeling about your identity being exposed", Another report asked?

"My client will no longer be answering questions, Mr. Parker would like if everyone would condone the privacy of his loved ones & himself", Matt Murdock said, he was representing Peter. With Matt's help, Peter had proven innocence, the backfeed from the camera installed into Peter's lenses recorded the moment in which Mysterio unleashed the Stark Tech on the city of London. "Now if you will all excuse me".

Matt walked off the steps of the courthouse & started to walk home from there. He walked past Peter & his family.

"Thank you Mister Murdock, we couldn't thank you enough", May said as Matt started walking by.

"I know a hero when I hear one & if everything I've heard about Spider-man is true, then you certainly are one", Matt said, he smiled at everyone then walked off.

"I was thinking that we could all go out tonight, maybe pizza & a movie", Ned said as the four started to walk back to Peter & May's apartment.

"As much as I'd love to do that, Ned, & I really do", Peter started. A sigh escaped his lips before continuing. "I'm packed, can we just stay in tonight & order pizza in? I need to set up the alarms, motion sensors, & cameras. My identity being broadcasted all over New York put a target on May's back, you guys too".

"That's nice to know", Michelle whispered, Peter put her hand into his own & squeezed it gently. He looked up at her with his head down & his eyes meeting with hers.

"Don't worry, I'll do the same at your houses", Peter insured them. "I won't let anything happen to you guys, I actually created a piece of software that monitors any suspicious activity, Karen then sends all data directly to my phone & suit, then I'll swing over immediately. Oh, I also created a home security defense system that I call Panic Room, it's nothing lethal, just tranquilizer dots capable of taking me down".

"You guys will be totally safe, the facial recognition program & the vocal admission code will monitor all of the vocal activity in the room", Ned added to Peter's statement. Michelle & May shared a scared look between each other. "Sorry".

"Don't apologize for being the smartest in the room, Ned", Peter said as they all jumped into a car.

---

"So do these cameras record all the time... or just when suspicious activity is monitored", May asked as they all jumped out of the car & started walking up to their apartment.

"It is motion censored, so yes & all data is sent directly to me, so please be careful what you do in the living room", Peter said, they all started to walk up the stairs to the apartment complex.