Chapter 3

-Avery

It's been about 2 weeks and I have to work from 11 to 9 today, but Adrian's working with me so it's all good.

I walked in and Adrian was hollering at some girl looking for shoes. I shook my head, and walked to the back.

"I got me a number" Adrian said walking in the back.

"Awesome" I said laughing. She mugged me and we walked out to the front. We usually just hung out around the store till we got a customer.

Around 12:30, we got a customer. Adrian was texting the girl from earlier so I walked over to the lady and her son.

"You need help with anything?" I asked. She turned around and I smiled.

"Cassie?" I asked. I think that was her name.

"Yep, and you're Avery, but prefer Ace right?" She asked. I nodded.

"So who you shopping for today?" I asked.

"Both of us, do you have these in a 12 in kids, and a 7 in girls?" She asked pointing to the Martian 7's.

"You're in luck, we have about 5 more boxes left" I said. I walked to the back to get them and walked back over to her.

She had on a crop top, and some leggings, with some Taxi 12's. She helped Zaire try on his shoes, and while trying hers on I noticed a tattoo.

The same tattoo from the stripper two weeks ago.

"Um not to be rude, but what do you do exactly?" I asked.

"As in a job?" She asked. I nodded. She got quiet, and I decided to assume.

"Are you a stripper?" I asked in a hushed tone. She looked up at me, took the shoes off, and started to walk off. "Wait" I said grabbing her arm loosely.

"What?" She snarled. I sighed.

"Hey Zaire, why don't you go play with Adrian with race cars?" I suggested pointing to Adrian who was on her phone. He ran to her and I looked at Cassie.

"Why you leaving?" I asked.

"Cause I don't have time for you to judge me based on my job like every other person does when I tell them" She said still giving the mean glare.

"I don't judge" I said.

"Sure you don't" She said smartly.

"Look, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or whatever, but I was just curious, plus I know how it feels to be judged so therefore I don't do it, anyways, if I were you, I wouldn't be ashamed of what you do" I said.

"I'm a stripper, that's not a job everyone's proud of" She said.

"And? They're just people, anyways, as long as you're taking care of you then fuck everyone else" I said. "Now, how about we all go to Zaxby's for Adrian and I's lunch break?" I asked.

"Sure" She said trying to hide her smile.

"Now give me a hug" I said opening my arms.

"Why?" She asked smirking.

"Cause" I said. She gave me a hug, and I tickled her.

She bought the shoes, and then it was time for Adrian and I's lunch break.

We sat down, and Adrian sat with the girl from earlier? Whatever.

"I got a question" Cassie said.

"Proceed"

"How come your daughter looks mixed with Asian, but you don't?" She asked.

"Her dad is half Asian" I said. I wasn't bout to tell her the full story behind Brook cause I barely know her.