Part 7

Hello Writers, Readers, and Random People!

What's the worst thing to do as a writer? Think about it. There's some things that are very hard to do but what's the worst? Delete a whole story? Writer's block? How about trying to get your characters to have the spark? No matter what you do, it can't happen. Well guess what...I'm not talking about that.

*Shameless Plug* If you guys want to learn more about romance, be sure to mark your calendars for every Monday night this month at 8pm EST and get on Twitter!! The Wattpad4 are going through everything romance this month so be sure to look under hashtag #Wattpad4 if you want to know more or get ideas from some very talented authors. *Shameless Plug End*

Anyways, worst thing ever! The worst thing to me is writing a story that I'm forcing. I'm forcing the story, forcing myself to write it, it's horrible. But, I worked hard to plan it out and everything so I don't want to throw it away. I would be giving it up and I don't give up so what do I do? Honestly, I have no idea. I'm right there with some of you guys. Forcing something that should flow is not good. Not good at all. Instead of forcing myself to finish the next chapter, I'm doing this new thing, it's called taking a break. A break? What? Who takes breaks anymore? Who has the time? No me I tell you! So why am I doing it? If I force myself to do something that I don't want to do, is it going to end up the same as when I want to do it?

Let me ask you a question, when you get told to do something by someone, do you put as much effort and time into it as you do when you want to do that something? No? Well you should! It doesn't usually play out like that though, especially if you're stubborn like me. As writers, we are the ones that control when the next post comes up. We control what the characters do, how they do it, when they do it.

What is it that makes it so hard to write the next chapter? Would you want to write it if it were another book with a different plot? Or perhaps different characters? Probably. So here's what I think and if you don't like what I think, you can kiss my...well you know. Haha just kidding, if you don't like it, hey it's just suggestions and some encouragment for those having the same problems. Anyways, back to my thinking, I think the best thing is to go back through the story with a critical eye and figure out what it is that makes feel done with your story. Point out that specific thing or those specifc things. Once you do that, it's time to edit. Fix the story or have someone else look at it and ask them to find things they don't like about it. After they finish, compare the lists and see if the readers are seeing those things too. Most likely, they are.

The point is, writing takes time. Time, time, time, interesting concept isn't it? It is the truth though, writing takes time. You're not going to become a famous author overnight. It's just not going to happen. You have to work at it and work hard. Like I said before, learn and practice what you learn. Writing takes time, editing takes time, finding someone to publish it, takes time. What's the best thing to do? Plan it out. Maybe you don't have your story planned out and that's perfectly fine but plan out your time. This helps me so much! Everyone is different so there are other things that might and probably do help you but I'm not that smart or awake at this point so I can't mention them in here. But hey, if you want to mention them, go for it.

 You can do this. Hold yourself accountable. Accountability partners are great for this! If you don't have one, get one! Not only do they help you but you help them! It's a win-win situation. Don't be afraid to ask for help. In order to learn, you need to ask questions! Be sure to ask lots of questions this week! See what you learn!

Until next time, my friends.

M