Josh

'How are you feeling?'Dave says.

'Much better,'I smile.

'That's good to hear.'Dave sits down.

'How was it outside?'I ask.

Dave sighs.'Pretty bad.Still a lot of reporters swarming at the gate.And it doesn't help that it got leaked somehow that you'll be discharged today.'

Just hearing that gives me a headache.'I just can't deal with this.Not now.'

'I know.But you can't go out the back entrance,so I got you the standard materials.'With a wry smile,he pulls out a packet and takes out A cap,face mask and sunglasses.

'Thanks,'I say with sincerity.

'I wanted to talk about one more thing.About what happens next.'Dave looks serious.

'What do you want to do?'

I sigh.'I think I'll take a break for a while,you know,think about everything.I'll probably stay in my hometown.'

'Good idea,'Dave nods.'You should also consider rehab.Thankfully you were in the early stages of addiction,but you still need some professional help.It would do you good.'

I nod.'Actually,maybe somewhere close to my hometown.'

'Yeah.I'll look for something.'

                                                                   ****************************

As we slowly walk out the gatesthe hospital of ,a swarm of reporters attack us.

Even though I'm wearing sunglasses,the flashes of the cameras are still blinding.Thankfully my face is covered,otherwise it'd be obvious how I was feeling.I couldn't believe that I had once thought I was living a dream.Right now,it felt like an unnecessary invasion of privacy.

All of them are shouting questions at me,but since they're all speaking at the same time,it's all mixed up and the noise is causing me a headache.I somehow manage to avoid the microphones that are almost shoved to my face.I finally manage to get into the car that was waiting for me outside.I feel better as the black tinted glasses are raised and the car starts.But my throat feels dry.

'That was horrible,'I say to Dave as he hands me a water bottle.'I couldn't fucking breathe.'I take a sip of water and sigh.

'I'll look after things.Try not to go out of the apartment too much for now.If you need anything,call me and I'll bring it over.'

Dave had always been good to me.I could have just talked to him about what I was feeling.I have no doubt that he would have listened.

Why didn't I do that?But then,I wasn't thinking clearly.

It's strange how our emotions cloud our minds to the point where we can't see the most obvious solution to a problem.