39

After the news were exposed, Jungkook's phone never stopped ringing

After the news were exposed, Jungkook's phone never stopped ringing. Every time a call came in, he would briefly glance at the phone, never once accepting. His calm demeanour seemed to show his confidence as he waited for one specific call.

The call came in earlier than expected. When he saw the words "Park Ara" on the screen, his lips curled into a smirk. Staring without a blink at the screen, he slowly placed the document he was working on aside and accepted the call. Casually, he strolled to the window, not saying a word. His eyes seemed to turn to ice.

After a long moment of silence, Park Ara, who had always been strong in the face of a crisis, finally broke down. "Why did you do it? You..."

"Will you even be able to look at Jimin, who once saved your life? In all these years, he has treated you so well, have you forgotten? Do you even have a heart?"

Jungkook, who had remained rather quiet all this time, didn't wait for Park Ara to finish what she had to say. He suddenly, asked her mockingly, "Mrs. Park, was this all you wanted to say?"

Before she could speak, someone else had said it all... In that moment, Park Ara kept her silence on the phone.

This time, Jungkook, didn't remain quiet like Park Ara. Instead, he continued to speak in a calm voice, but there was a pressing tone in his voice. "I can tell Jimin everything I did with a clear conscience! What about you? Mrs. Park, could you do the same? As a mother, could you honestly say that you've done things with a clear conscience?"

"What a joke! You stole what belongs to Jimin. You're here talking to me about having a clear conscience, but don't you forget you're an illegitimate child that should have never been born onto this earth! You mother was a shameful mistress. As Jimin's birth mother, how could I have a guilty conscience?"

Even if Jungkook one day stole Park Enterprise after she painstakingly built it up for almost thirty years, Park Ara would still talk with the same confidence in her tone. She continued to speak ill of Jungkook and his mother. "Let me tell you, even if Park Enterprise becomes yours, you still can't change the fact that you're an illegitimate child. Nor can you change the fact that your mother was a prostitute!"

Jungkook's brows flashed with a hint of malevolence. He tightened his grasp on his phone and said, "Yes. That's right. My mother was a prostitute. My mother was a mistress who gave birth to me, but she received her just rewards. I've also received mine, but even if my mother was lacking, in my eyes, as her son, she was still a good mother, a great mother. Better than a murderer like you!"

In that moment, Park Ara's confidence was clearly shaken. "What do you mean by that?"

Jungkook had no intention of letting Park Ara have a single word in, asking rhetorically, "I wonder, if Jimin knew that his own mother's hands were so stained with blood, they didn't even show mercy to a two month old baby... Just with what kind of eyes do you think he would look at this kind of mother?"