31

The assistant stood outside the car with an anxious expression

The assistant stood outside the car with an anxious expression. He called out "Mr J...", but in the end, he hadn't finished speaking when the tail lights of the taxi flashed. The car started up and drove into the traffic.

The assistant stamped his feet and helplessly clutched his hair as he glanced back at the hotel behind him. Then, he pulled out his phone and called director Wang, who Jungkook had originally come all the way to Hong Kong to meet but randomly cancelled on.

•°.*•°.*

On the way to the airport, Jungkook pulled out his phone and called Lisa several times, but in the end, no one answered. He then left her a slew of messages, but didn't receive a reply either.

Perhaps he was really affected by what he'd just heard, but his intuition told him that Lisa already knew about Jimin's business.

For her to not pick up her phone, or reply to messages, was she hiding in a corner somewhere, crying?

At that thought, Jungkook started to become restless in his seat. He wished for nothing more than to be like one of those characters from novels and instantly teleport to Lisa's side.

When he reached the airport, he paid the taxi driver as he got out and checked into his flight. He passed security and boarded the plane... Jungkook made no stops during this process, smoothly getting everything done.

The plane took off and the announcements reached his table. As he stared at the night lights of Hong Kong out of the window, his erratic anger simmered down.

He distinctly ran off on a business to Hong Kong just to avoid her for her own good. Who would have thought that he'd hear bad news about her so far away!

He never thought about being a hero, but he always wanted to protect Lisa from harm.

He knew that perhaps, right at this moment, Lisa possibly had no idea that Jimin loved someone else. That was just his guess and what he worried about, but no matter if she knew or not, he still had to go back.

Because he didn't want that woman to be alone at her saddest, most desperate time.

So he needed to hurry over to her as fast as possible, to be with her whilst she was sad, and to cheer her up.

Two hours later, the plane landed steadily at Incheon International Airport.

It was already late at night in Seoul and raining heavily when Jungkook got off the plane. He bolted straight for taxis. The queue was a little long, so whilst lined up, Jungkook called Lisa until his phone ran out of battery. Yet still, she never picked up.

While burning with anxiety, Jungkook eventually left the queue, braved the heavy rain, and ran straight out of the airport.

Not long after, his clothes were completely soaked. There were around five kilometres from the airport terminal to outside the airport. He ran until the rainwater all over his body had mixed with the sweat on his back.