Chapter 18: Just One Kiss (pt 2)

Start from the beginning

He leaned back slightly, watching her in the flickering light from the oil lamp on the nightstand, his blue eyes burning intensely. His hands traced an invisible trail up her thighs, over her hips, slipping over her ribs and gently sliding over her breasts, teasing her nipples into hard peaks.

"Sweetheart, you're so beautiful." If his almost-reverent touch didn't prove it, the heated gaze certainly did, and any shyness she might have felt evaporated.

Wanting to feel more of him, she leaned up and undid the last few buttons on his shirt and with a little help she got it off him. His skin was feverishly hot under her palms as she ran them down his back to his hips and back again. Sliding them down to his chest, she buried her fingers in the mat of dark hair. The man didn't have a soft spot on his body; he was all rippling muscles and lean perfection. Apparently, he wasn't the lazy rake he allowed people to believe.

She moaned as he leaned down and captured her nipple between his teeth before giving it a lick. Burying her fingers in his hair, she closed her eyes and enjoyed the sensations his kisses, licks and nibbles enticed. It was as if her body was attuned to his every touch, reacting to every caress, every slight movement of his lips and tongue. Frustrated, wanting more, she moved against him, pulling on his shoulders, and with a quiet chuckle, he returned to kiss her again.

With their lips locked, his hand caressed her breast before sliding down along her stomach towards the part of her aching for his touch. When his hand slipped between her legs to stroke her most intimately, she worried she might burst into flame. He continued touching her, bringing forth pleasure like none she'd ever known. Covering her nipple with his hot mouth again, he gently pushed a finger inside her and she let out a low moan. If she'd thought she'd been on fire before, it was nothing compared to the pool of liquid heat currently gathering where he touched her. While slowly moving the finger inside, his thumb rubbed lightly over the sensitive nub, longing for his attention and she nearly expired on the spot.

Closing her eyes as the pleasure intensified beneath his tender ministrations, she couldn't take much more of this. Lost in the moment, she didn't realise he was kissing a trail along her chest until she felt a wet kiss on her bellybutton.

She touched his hair hesitantly, torn between curiosity and mortification at what she guessed he was about to do. "Jacob?" she whispered. "I don't know if you should..."

He looked up at her from between her legs, giving her a look of mingled desire, amusement and frustration. "Jessica," he drawled. "I know you enjoy arguing with me, but do you think, for once, you could just trust me?"

"I..." She blushed. "I suppose."

"That's my girl," he mumbled against the inside of her thigh, his stubble scratching lightly as he placed a soft kiss on the sensitive skin.

Before she could object further, his mouth replaced his fingers at the core of her desire, and she couldn't have said anything even if she'd wanted to. All she could do was moan as her fingers clutched at the bedding to anchor her in the storm. The previous heat paled compared to the inferno building with every stroke of his tongue, every lick and nibble. As he focused on the sensitive nub, the pressure built until it was nearly unbearable. When she didn't think she could take anymore, he pushed a finger inside again, matching every flick of his tongue with a deliciously wicked movement, and her world erupted as the fire exploded, sending wildfire chasing through her limbs.

Jacob moved up and captured her mouth in a kiss that echoed her passion and urgency. Without thinking, she pulled on his breeches and when they were off, she ran her fingernails over his backside, eliciting a groan deep in his throat. Moving his hands to bury them in her hair, he deepened the kiss as he rocked against her and she moaned as the friction sent sparks through her body. Wanting him closer, she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck, loving the feel of him against her.