chapter 18

Today. Today was the day I'm flying back home!! I'm excited but I'm actually really gonna miss my new friends. I just prefer america and Hayes. No one else really..

* BEEP BEEP BEEP *

my alarm sounded. I wasn't going into school today.. Luckily. Only Sophia, Tani and Hayley are finishing school early, but an hour before they do I'm saying goodbye to everyone.

I hit the snooze button and got out of bed for the last time in the UK. I decided to wear high waisted Jean shorts, a grey shirt, a flannel and my white Nikes. Makeup was simple and hair was brushed and straitened.

*SKIP TO CAR JOURNEY TO SCHOOL*

The car ride was boring I just did the usual and go on my phone, first playing crossy road then going on Instagram.

I was scrolling through Instagram and looked at my notifacations, I was tagged in 5 posts! Sophia, Tani, Hayley and people I knew saying goodbye. I liked and commented 'ily,♥' or miss you or something like that.

*arrives at school*

Because I was leaving the whole year got to miss a class. Everyone was waiting for me in the hall. The kids sitting down and adults standing on the sides.

I walk into the room.

"WE'LL MISS YOU!!" Everyone shouted as I walked in. It made me sad to see people I got really close with crying. I walked up to the head of year and stood next to him on the stage.

"As you may or may not know, Lucy is leaving us today to go back to the US. Lucy. You'll be missed by lots, many people. It was a pleasure having you at our school." He said then everyone clapped then a female teacher came on stage

"Okay, because your leaving we want you to remember us, so if anyone has anything to give please bring it up now and give it to her mother or her, and if there hands get full just put it on the stage. Thankyou and we'll miss you!"

*car journey back*

"I can't believe how much stuff people gave you!" Mom said surprised

"I know!!" I said happily!

I put in my ear phones and listened to 'Take Me To Chruch' loved the song. I was scrolling through my texts and saw.. Hayes still hasn't replied. I felt sadness fall upon myself. Why didn't he reply to me..?

I decided to tweet to see if he'll remember I'm moving back today!!

Tweet:
just like to say thanks to everyone who gave me cards and flowers, will miss you all. Very excited to be going back home today though!!