Togami Hates Kids // Naegami

you can imagine whoever the friend is, I don't really care

- Makoto's POV -

I hastily slipped on my shoes, my boyfriend taking his sweet time behind me. 

A friend of ours had a party to attend and needed someone to look after their child, I offered hopefully and practically begged Byakuya to tag along. He seemed hesitant at first but after around five minutes of convincing; he gave in.

"Come on!" I pleaded, the male next to me stalling our leave. After a moment, we were set to go and I adventured out the door, a firm hand on Togami's wrist. We took the route to our destination.

The almost night time breeze flew through the air, rushing behind us as we conquered against it. My friend's house was a few more steps away, I could see the garden decorations and fairy lights almost in front of me now. 

I took a high step onto the porch, knocking once. Maybe twice. The large oak door was answered immediately, them welcoming us and already being dressed up in a suit. 

They gave us a basic tour, notifying us over what the child we were soon to meet could eat. "He just turned seven, I hope he's not too much of a trouble to you." They explained, noting that we should call them if anything unexpected commences. The individual glanced at their watch, nodded, and headed off. I waved to them, wishing them a good night and preparing for the son.

I heard the click of the door, my head spinning to meet Byakuya's gaze. "I'm guessing the thing is in there." He stated, referring the child to a 'thing' and pointing at the living room door. I inaudibly chuckled and rolled my eyes, opening the entrance to the living room in order to be greeted with who we were caring for.

- Byakuya's POV -

I peeked in front of Makoto as he entered, I immediately spotted a seven-year-old playing on an iPad protected in an extremely chunky iPad case. I noticed the pigment of Cheeto dust on his fingers as he swiped on the screen, making me cringe internally. 

"Hey, what's your name?" I could hear Naegi attempting to be the nicest he could possibly be, said child lifted his head and scoffed. "Johnny, I want candy." I walked off to the kitchen, continuing to slightly eavesdrop. The whining continued even when my partner tried explaining that his parent had strictly ruled that there was no candy.

An obnoxious tantrum was thrown, catching me very off guard but what did I expect from a kid with an iPad case 3x the size of the actual device? The sigh that slipped from my lips was way more audible than I expected. I would've very much snapped by now but I know Makoto way too well and he'd never do that to someone younger than him.

My train of thoughts was cut off by the sweet male walking in the kitchen, his eyes set onto the floor and his originally excited demeanor being replaced by a defeated, stressed one. "What happened?" I attempted a soft tone, barely maintaining eye contact.

"He wants chicken nuggets, he's such a brat," Naegi whispered the last part; not wanting the smaller male in the other room to hear the insult. I nodded and bent down, the releasing sound of pressure coming from the freezer as I opened it and rummaged for the food.

I eventually found the frozen treats, reading the instructions, and shoving the door shut with my knee. "The packaging says... Five minutes in the microwave." I glanced up from the box, scanning and locating the needed device.

The crinkles of the packet were fairly loud as the misted plastic came into view. I tipped the chicken pieces into a bowl, placing them into the microwave soonly after, and setting the timer.