Movies // Ishimondo

- Mondo's POV -

I threw another blanket onto the couch, setting it up all nicely for my good buddy to come over. Most people would say Taka and I act like a married couple, but I disagree.

I rummaged through the box of movies I had stored away, I thought about picking a rom-com as that's what he probably likes but I changed my mind. A horror movie maybe? Yeah. 

Knock knock knock

I stood up after organizing everything to answer the door. I placed a firm hand and opened it carefully, spotting the ruby eyed boy immediately. "Come in bro!" I grinned, grateful to be spending time with Kiyotaka. I let him in and we immediately went to the kitchen, making sure we had snacks.

"Thanks for inviting me over, movie nights with you are always fun." He praised, I scratched my neck and grinned widely once again. The microwave ding rung through our ears as I pushed the button with little to no pressure, retrieving the popcorn. 

"Okay, we're ready then." Taka and I got comfortable on the couch, me showing him the movie I set up. Ishimaru seemed nervous at first but obeyed, wanting to spend time with me in his defense.

The movie began, both of us comfy and surrounded by blankets. We kept a fair distance from each other because we were just bros.

- Kiyotaka's POV -

I carefully concentrated on the movie, I was slightly scared as a jumpscare could pop up and just catch me off guard any minute now. I've always been fairly vulnerable to horror or just anything spooky in general, the setting of the movie began turning really dark and I could almost swear I was seeing things in the corner of my eye.

I shuffled closer to Owada, nervous obviously. 

A dreadful moment commenced in the film, making me cover my eyes but leaving slight gaps in between my fingers, slightly peeking out of them. This time, Mondo inched closer to me. He cracked a few puns, making me chuckle and wheeze each time as they were fairly funny.

The atmosphere of the movie continued getting darker and darker, with many plot twists and scary moments in general. Suddenly, a pop-up face appeared, making me squeak and almost jump into Owada's arms. I had my hand slapped over my mouth, panting from the scare.

- Mondo's POV -

I slightly flinched at the jumpscare, my reaction wasn't as bad as Ishi's but it was still pretty bad. It was quite smart how they slipped it into such a calm moment in the movie, it was not expected at all. I could see the boy next to me still slightly scared and panting, I felt bad.

Fuck it. I hovered my hand onto Taka's and intertwined our fingers. He squeezed once to which I squeezed back. 

We sat watching the movie, our hands connected and him slowly inching closer into my arms. It's crazy to think how we started our movie night being almost 5 feet away from each other. One of us on one side of the couch, the other on the opposite side.

After the hour of the horror passed, we were now cuddled. Taka basically in my lap and my arms wrapped around him. The credits began rolling and I giggled. Ishimaru realized our position and practically launched himself off of me, murmuring a thread of apologies.

"It's alright, dude don't stress it." I chuckled at his timidness. He huffed in relief and just threw himself into my arms again, I wheezed in hysterical laughter as I shuffled down further into the couch. Having him lay on me as we cuddled felt like a fever dream; I wrapped my arms tighter around his waist and dozed off.